Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Rant of the Day Thread!  (Read 564792 times)

Offline Karen

• GP
  • Forum Lord
Re: Rant of the Day Thread!
« Reply #27570 on: March 31, 2012, 01:59:32 PM »
Random bouts of dizziness feel like they are getting worse. The level of disorientation gets to the point that it takes me a few seconds to register what's going on around me after it passes. Not sure what to make of it.

Time to see a doctor

Offline Scruffy-Looking Keren-Herder

• Forum Lord
  • "Who's scruffy-lookin'?"
« Reply #27571 on: March 31, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »
So done with my family right now. I am going to move away ASAP and never speak to any of them ever again, because there's not even a sense of common decency between any of them anymore.

Easter is going to be especially fun. There'll be more sniping than a match of Call of Duty. And the overall maturity level will be about the same too.

My grandmother has to move out of her house. She probably isn't going to be around much longer. And her kids can't just...hold it in and let stupid-ass shit go for a little while. Everyone's at each other's throats and I fucking hate it.

Then she even called me up and told me I can take whatever I want from the house. I didn't know how to respond. I just thanked her and said I'd think about it. I know she doesn't care where the stuff in the house ends up, she'll be gone. And I know she probably asked me because I practically lived there when I was little. It still feels a little wrong though. I'm not sure why. I admit there are definitely some things I'd like to keep for myself, mainly a lot of my grandfather's old things, but I feel wrong and selfish for even saying I want them because they're not mine. It feels like I'm being given permission to...loot the place, almost. But I want to keep some of the stuff just to preserve some memory of him because he pretty much replaced my dad. I don't know what's going to happen to his stuff if I don't take it, but then I also don't have any place to put them. This house is a shithole. I'd want someplace safe to keep his stuff so when I move into my own place, I can still have it, because it really means a lot to me.

I'm honestly not sure how to approach the situation but it's stressing me out and I hate it. >_<

Offline Caer

• Prolific Poster
  • It's Okay to be Takei!!!
    • Kai'rii the journal of a Mandalorian
« Reply #27572 on: March 31, 2012, 07:08:51 PM »
My advice is to do as she says, Keren. Take what you feel you'd remember best by or your grandfather.  That's one of my biggest regrets is never getting anything from my grandfather when he passed. My father took it all and sold most of it.
Caer's Journal

Quote from: Halden
What if it's a female predator and she's going all chitter chitter skreeeee in your face?

Offline Aerek

• Forum Minion
« Reply #27573 on: March 31, 2012, 07:14:12 PM »
My advice is to do as she says, Keren. Take what you feel you'd remember best by or your grandfather.  That's one of my biggest regrets is never getting anything from my grandfather when he passed. My father took it all and sold most of it.

This, and try to involve her in it too. Get things that have memories for you and her, so you can talk about them. I wish I had more things to remember my granparents too, its something you really treasure later on.

(I kissed Lanko's ass for three days to get this picture.)

Offline Minas

• The Soykirim Genocide
  • Forum Lord
  • Herp
    • Facebook
« Reply #27574 on: March 31, 2012, 08:20:17 PM »
I'd really like some food. But the sutures on my lip really prevent any sort of solid intake. Gawd damn I'm hungry

Offline Caer

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27575 on: March 31, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »
This, and try to involve her in it too. Get things that have memories for you and her, so you can talk about them. I wish I had more things to remember my granparents too, its something you really treasure later on.

Yes, exactly. There's a lot of things I regret not asking/saying/doing with my grandparents.

One thing I really wish I had was one of my grandfathers stetson hats. I'm really disappointed my father kept everything.
Caer's Journal

What if it's a female predator and she's going all chitter chitter skreeeee in your face?

Offline Amillo

• Prolific Poster
    • THE NEW SSG
« Reply #27576 on: March 31, 2012, 08:44:21 PM »
I'd really like some food. But the sutures on my lip really prevent any sort of solid intake. Gawd damn I'm hungry

You should invest in a Blendtec Blender.

www.willitblend.com

Offline Minas

• The Soykirim Genocide
  • Forum Lord
  • Herp
    • Facebook
« Reply #27577 on: March 31, 2012, 08:56:27 PM »
I have the feeling anything i blend is going to be too think to suck through a straw without giving myself an aneurysm. Im just trying small peices of food on the good side of my mouth.

Offline Caer

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27578 on: March 31, 2012, 09:21:18 PM »
Lip injuries of any type are awful. :( *hug Minas*
Caer's Journal

Offline Minas

• The Soykirim Genocide
  • Forum Lord
  • Herp
    • Facebook
« Reply #27579 on: March 31, 2012, 09:28:22 PM »
Lip injuries of any type are awful. :( *hug Minas*

Thanks. What makes it worse is the kid got away with it. Couldnt hit him back, couldnt press charges. He'll get his eventually though.

Offline Amillo

• Prolific Poster
    • THE NEW SSG
« Reply #27580 on: March 31, 2012, 10:52:44 PM »
SO BORED!!

Offline Lexija

• Prolific Poster
  • If by 'dodged a bullet' you mean "got your penis
« Reply #27581 on: March 31, 2012, 11:26:25 PM »
So done with my family right now. I am going to move away ASAP and never speak to any of them ever again, because there's not even a sense of common decency between any of them anymore.

Easter is going to be especially fun. There'll be more sniping than a match of Call of Duty. And the overall maturity level will be about the same too.

My grandmother has to move out of her house. She probably isn't going to be around much longer. And her kids can't just...hold it in and let stupid-ass shit go for a little while. Everyone's at each other's throats and I fucking hate it.

Then she even called me up and told me I can take whatever I want from the house. I didn't know how to respond. I just thanked her and said I'd think about it. I know she doesn't care where the stuff in the house ends up, she'll be gone. And I know she probably asked me because I practically lived there when I was little. It still feels a little wrong though. I'm not sure why. I admit there are definitely some things I'd like to keep for myself, mainly a lot of my grandfather's old things, but I feel wrong and selfish for even saying I want them because they're not mine. It feels like I'm being given permission to...loot the place, almost. But I want to keep some of the stuff just to preserve some memory of him because he pretty much replaced my dad. I don't know what's going to happen to his stuff if I don't take it, but then I also don't have any place to put them. This house is a shithole. I'd want someplace safe to keep his stuff so when I move into my own place, I can still have it, because it really means a lot to me.

I'm honestly not sure how to approach the situation but it's stressing me out and I hate it. >_<

Like the others said, it's not looting, it's taking things you want--not out of selfishness but for the memories attached. Your grandmother would probably be more insulted if you didn't take it than if you did. It sounds like she wants you to have it.

Offline K

• Dark Lord of the Forums
  • A better class of asshole.
« Reply #27582 on: April 01, 2012, 04:05:40 AM »
Like the others said, it's not looting, it's taking things you want--not out of selfishness but for the memories attached. Your grandmother would probably be more insulted if you didn't take it than if you did. It sounds like she wants you to have it.

Very, very, very much this.

When my grandfather died, I kept his dog tags. I didn't want the money, or the bonds, or anything else. All I wanted was the tags, because they had been important to him. I wear them around my neck daily.
"What have we got- a Republic, or a Monarchy?"
"A Republic, if you can keep it."

Offline Tehe

• GP
  • Prepare to gag on my ELEGANZA!
« Reply #27583 on: April 01, 2012, 04:07:02 AM »
SO BORED!!

Masturbate

if already done, masturbate again.

Offline Tehe

• GP
  • Prepare to gag on my ELEGANZA!
« Reply #27584 on: April 01, 2012, 04:10:58 AM »
Keren, if she offered it then go for it, your family is going to take everything and sell it all for money and you might regret it later, you should also put these things in a safety box at the bank so none of your family take it away.