Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Good Old games giving away fallout 1 for free during the next few days.  (Read 214 times)

Offline Fevees

• Dark Lord of the Forums
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout

no catch, just gotta make a free account with them [which nets you more free text-based games.]

Offline Caer

• Prolific Poster
  • It's Okay to be Takei!!!
    • Kai'rii the journal of a Mandalorian
Thanks Fevees. :)
Caer's Journal

Quote from: Halden
What if it's a female predator and she's going all chitter chitter skreeeee in your face?

Offline Juroden

• Prolific Poster
    • Helmet Holos
Enclave bloke wil be excited.
So say we all

The road ahead is frot with peril

Offline Dalken Starbyne

• Masquerade
  • *SPARKLES WITH SCIENCE*
    • Over The Fence
And acquired. Awesomeness.

Offline Andarta

• Forum Warrior
  • "Blue"
how did I not know about this service?  Empire Earth?  Sim City 2k?  Heroes of Might and Magic?  Alpha Centauri?  YES PLEASE!
Andarta 'Blue' Camma || Senua Saramore
@pyros

Offline Aerek

• Forum Minion
I was thinking about purchasing Fallout 3 off of Steam, as I always wanted to give the game a try, but I do have a question for anyone that can answer it. Do you have to play the first and second Fallout's in order to really understand what's going on? Or can you start off in the series at Fallout 3?

(I kissed Lanko's ass for three days to get this picture.)

Offline Dalken Starbyne

• Masquerade
  • *SPARKLES WITH SCIENCE*
    • Over The Fence
I started off with 3. Had no issues following the story.

Offline Xyrano

• Forum Lord
You can pretty much start out with 3 or NV (honestly I'd suggest NV over 3) and be fine, although if you play 1 and 2 you're more likely to get some of the references and what have you that are in NV and 3.

Offline Scruffy-Looking Keren-Herder

• Forum Lord
  • "Who's scruffy-lookin'?"
Yeah, I don't even think I'd heard of Fallout before playing 3. There are only two minor things I can think of that make significant references to the prior games. If you want, you can go look them up on the Fallout wiki, I enjoy reading the articles there. They go into more detail about the alternate-future nature of the setting and can answer just about any questions you may have regarding the lore.

Only thing is, Fallout 3 seems to be particularly buggy on PC, especially on Windows 7. It freezes up constantly, I haven't found a fix yet. If you can, pick it up on 360 or PS3.

I was considering picking up the New Vegas Ultimate Edition on Steam, but not if it's as bug-addled as FO3 GOTY is. :-\

Offline SUPER ULTRA MAXIMUM WOOKIEE!!!

• Forum Lord
  • Why not (V)(;,,;)(V)
DOWNLOADING NOW :D