Out of Character > General Discussion

Wookieepedia merging with the Star Wars fanon wiki

(1/7) > >>

Vasili Beviin: slayer of Tribbles:
This is from the creator of the Clone Wars.

--- Quote ---Dear fans,

A few months ago, we made the transition from the StarWars.com Databank to the new Encyclopedia, and included links to your Wookieepedia, without explaining our reasoning. Leland and I feel the time has come to explain our decision, and share some exciting new developments for the future of the Star Wars canon.

First, we acknowledge that Wookieepedia has done a far better job of chronicling the facts and history of Star Wars than the official site ever did. We should have given up on that a long time ago, and we have finally deferred to the masters in that regard. But in addition to that, I've been looking at the interesting changes I've made to this great universe and thought, "why should I have all the fun?"

So in conjunction with the administration of Wookieepedia, Star Wars Fanon, and Star Wars Fan Wiki, we are creating a process by which you, the fans, will integrate your own creations into the Star Wars canon. Leland will explain this in greater detail, but in a nutshell, Wookieepedia will replace the Holocron as the official chronicle of continuity, and your creations will be taken into account in all new material published by our licensing partners.

I, for one, find this extremely exciting, as my own creations prior to joining Lucasfilm, when I went by the online handle of SuperShadow, will finally get the recognition they always deserved.

So have fun, and know now that your creative efforts will have greater meaning. We regret that we will be unable to compensate any of you directly, but Wikia will receive a percentage of future Lucasfilm publishing revenues, and I'm certain they will be able to work out an amicable arrangement with the userbase.
--- End quote ---

Honestly, I don't like this. What do you all think?

Halden:
Jesus christ. No.

Xyrano:
Sounds like an awful idea.

Also isn't SuperShadow the guy who kept coming up with rumors about new movies or whatever?

Juroden:
Really what could some 12 year old/40 year old add to Canon thats stupidier then whats already out there?

Halden:

--- Quote from: Xyrano on April 01, 2012, 01:48:48 AM ---Sounds like an awful idea.

Also isn't SuperShadow the guy who kept coming up with rumors about new movies or whatever?

--- End quote ---

That would explain why the Khyber Crystal was in the first season of the clone wars show.

GOD fuck this shit I'm no longer a Star Wars fan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version