Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: God Bless America movie trailer. Not what you think. Just click and watch. o-o  (Read 601 times)

Offline GabyBee

• Dark Lord of the Forums
    • Laryssa Dotan Bio
The premise of the movie, at least from what I can tell from the trailer (which aren't always great representations of what the movie is actually like) seems like it would lend itself better to a 5 minute sketch on something like SNL.  I just can't see the premise of "hurr hurr you dumb so I kill you" being engaging for 90+ minutes.  I feel like the movie will get its message across in the first act, and then will be just about an hour or so of glorified violence, which, like I said, is equally as 'wrong' in American culture as the Kardashians and American Idol.

Offline Jag Blade

• Forum Wookiee
    • My facebook!
No one said it was a masterpiece.

For the sake of arguement: neither was any of that Twitlight bolshit, and people still got all hyped up.

Persoanlly, I think it is the blatant political incorrectness that appeals to people. That and the fact that people are pretty fed up with how the media promotes dumbassery. Doesn't mean anyone here is really in favour of shooting spoiled teenage girls, but as a movie, it sure is a funny sight.

*Quietly raises his hand*

At the expense of being labeled a domestic terrorist or being labeled politically incorrect... What if hypothetically say... SOMEONE want to set fire to -almost- every spoiled or idiotic person of my generation?

:-X You didn't hear anything.
Roleplayer for a decade or so - Refining and learning as I go.
I'm a bit rusty, so help me if you can.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Euro-Chimaera: Jagex- Blade (transfered to Starsider)
Starsider: Jag- Blade
Test Center: Jag- Blade

Offline K

• A better class of asshole.
Doesn't mean anyone here is really in favour of shooting spoiled teenage girls, but as a movie, it sure is a funny sight.

What about Snookie? Can I pop snookie?
"What have we got- a Republic, or a Monarchy?"
"A Republic, if you can keep it."

Offline GabyBee

• Laryssa Dotan Bio
Persoanlly, I think it is the blatant political incorrectness that appeals to people. That and the fact that people are pretty fed up with how the media promotes dumbassery. Doesn't mean anyone here is really in favour of shooting spoiled teenage girls, but as a movie, it sure is a funny sight.

No, but it's pretty hypocritical to use one disgusting style of American media to discredit another disgusting style of American media.  The flip of this movie would be pretty hilarious too.  I'd giggle at the cast of the Jersey Shore and the Kardashian sisters go to town on a bunch of Halo obsessed action movie junkies.  But only for about 5 minutes.  Then it just gets old and hypocritical.

Offline K

I'd giggle at the cast of the Jersey Shore and the Kardashian sisters go to town on a bunch of Halo obsessed action movie junkies.

I resent this.

Offline Kasakera

• Because Fuck You

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Offline GabyBee

• Laryssa Dotan Bio
Because instead of getting shot in the head, you'd get gonoherpasyphilaids?

Offline K

Because instead of getting shot in the head, you'd get gonoherpasyphilaids?

I want a divorce.

Offline Ryian Coron

• Prolific Poster
  • Get the frak off my server

What about Snookie? Can I pop snookie?

Time for another lesson in American urban culture with uncle Sprint.

So uncle Sprint, who is this Snookie, and why want you pop him / her / it?

Offline K

Time for another lesson in American urban culture with uncle Sprint.

So uncle Sprint, who is this Snookie, and why want you pop him / her / it?

http://www.snookienicole.com/Snooki/HOME.html

Offline Kasakera

• Because Fuck You
Quote from: Uncyclopedia's Article on the Jersey Shore
In all of the research done in preparation of this guide, not a single piece of evidence has surfaced answering the question "what is a Snooki?" The Snooki appears to be a rodent that follows the cast of Jersey Shore from location to location. It is under 5 feet in height, shows only a minimal grasp of the English language, or any language at all for that matter, and has orange skin topped off with an unnatural fur pattern. It is believed that the Snooki most likely sheds this odd fur once a year, allowing for a re-oranging of the scalp.

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Offline Halden

• Facebook
If I'm posting in a thread, I probably think something sucks.

Unless backed by cited research, any wordy things are strictly the opinion of the poster above. You fucking dolt.

The Nerd Repository Staff writer

Offline Aphrodite

• Prolific Poster
    • Aph's Deviant Art Page
Doesn't mean anyone here is really in favour of shooting spoiled teenage girls, but as a movie, it sure is a funny sight.

True, but I'm in favor of all the other shown instances of people getting shot in that trailer.

Offline Halden

• Facebook
This looks like the worst movie. Like possibly the worst movie to ever have been made. This is no better than those EPIC MOVIE movies. It doesn't even look clever or funny. Like 90 minutes of watching random people get gunned down. You can watch 120 minutes of the same thing but experience a much more solid movie full of sacrifice and heartbreak and actual acting and phenomenal scriptwriting and I could go on but I won't. Just netflix Saving Private Ryan.
If I'm posting in a thread, I probably think something sucks.

Unless backed by cited research, any wordy things are strictly the opinion of the poster above. You fucking dolt.

The Nerd Repository Staff writer

Offline Ryian Coron

• Prolific Poster
  • Get the frak off my server
... I should't have asked...

/mindbleach