Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The f'ing Enclave guy deraills every other thread with Politics thread  (Read 36379 times)

Offline Kasakera

• Dark Lord of the Forums
  • Because Fuck You
Re: The f'ing Enclave guy deraills every other thread with Politics thread
« Reply #1035 on: April 04, 2012, 11:49:35 PM »
It makes me really sad that the people on the news stated that discussion between candidates about "real issues" was "dry and boring" and that they were glad to see "an emotional battle of personal insults" between Romney and Obama.

Oh, so we judge who should lead the western world based on how well they perform in a politically-charged "Yo Momma" contest?

HOW ARE WE NOT DEAD YET

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Offline Halden

• Facebook
« Reply #1036 on: April 04, 2012, 11:55:48 PM »
The problem is that there is absolutely nothing the average american citizen can do to fix the situation. Short of becoming a billionaire and influencing politics with your cash flow, the only thing we have any power over is who we vote for. And even that...the power is in the hand of the rich elite. We don't vote for people. We vote for electoral votes and then have no power over where those votes end up going. There's this neat video about how the electoral college is absolutely stupid and how you can lose the general election by a LOT of votes when it comes to the public but secure the states that "matter the most" electorally and end up winning the presidency.

The same goes with your local voting. You basically have the option in Arizona of voting for an anti-gay/racist scumbag who wants to take all of your money or another anti-gay/racist scumbag who swears he doesn't want to take all your money to get votes and then does anyway.

The ENTIRE system needs a complete overhaul. You can't become President without being filthy rich to begin with, so why would you want to tax the filthy rich and do anything that would hinder them in any way to help the rest of the population when it would hurt you?

Then, say it comes down to the 99% rising up in revolt some day. The rich people have the US Armed Forces at their side. This isn't back in the day when the highest bit of technology was the musket and superior tactics could make a bunch of nearly naked, starving farmers push back the most badass army in the world with the help of the french navy.

Even if we rose up, the rebels would be completely destroyed via unmanned drone without even knowing it was there.
If I'm posting in a thread, I probably think something sucks.

Unless backed by cited research, any wordy things are strictly the opinion of the poster above. You fucking dolt.

The Nerd Repository Staff writer

Offline The Fukcing Enclave Guy

• Too weird to live, too rare to die.
    • IC Enclave Patriotic Music
« Reply #1037 on: April 05, 2012, 12:44:54 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/04/opinion/calling-radicalism-by-its-name.html?_r=2&hp

President Obama’s fruitless three-year search for compromise with the Republicans ended in a thunderclap of a speech on Tuesday, as he denounced the party and its presidential candidates for cruelty and extremism. He accused his opponents of imposing on the country a “radical vision” that “is antithetical to our entire history as a land of opportunity.”

... he really does have communist-like views, not just saying that to say it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 12:47:25 AM by The F'ing Enclave Guy »

For Taris!
How much you wanna bet Enclave is higher than a motherfucking satellite right now.

« Reply #1038 on: April 05, 2012, 12:45:58 AM »
Chicks with dicks, the best of both worlds. I'm amazed Enclave guy isn’t in here ranting about the latest strike against our personal liberties unless… I got it. The guy is black and he was kinda asking for it by being suspicious like, what with his paying his traffic fine, having a receipt of payment of said fine and riding with his pregnant wife and 4 year old to his mother-in-laws. I mean what sick fuck goes to his mother-in-law’s? Whatever the case, I’m sure the court ruling allowing police to strip search people for minor offenses like speeding and unleashed dogs will in no way affect a high school dropout who likes to smoke pot and is often stopped by the cops. I mean why worry when you can focus intently on a 240dpi photo to see a man on a grassy knoll.

Call the ACLU. Straight up.

For Taris!
How much you wanna bet Enclave is higher than a motherfucking satellite right now.

Offline Commissar Hallidan

• Forum Lord
  • Imperial and Proud.
« Reply #1039 on: April 05, 2012, 12:54:18 AM »
Starcrossed, do you have anything better to do with your life than trying to insult people? It's.. kind of depressing to the casual onlooker.
"Men of Tanith! Do you want to live forever?"- Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt

Offline Halden

• Facebook
« Reply #1040 on: April 05, 2012, 01:05:01 AM »
Call the ACLU. Straight up.

ACLU can't do shit. Supreme Court just ruled on it saying it was okay. What was that about left wing activist judges, Korris? :P

Unless backed by cited research, any wordy things are strictly the opinion of the poster above. You fucking dolt.

Offline Halden

• Facebook
« Reply #1041 on: April 05, 2012, 01:07:56 AM »

No he doesn't. If giving the opportunity for middle class families and small businesses to not starve to death/go bankrupt so they can continue paying large corporations for their products is communist, then black is white and up is down. You don't know what communism IS do you?

« Reply #1042 on: April 05, 2012, 01:11:53 AM »
Starcrossed, do you have anything better to do with your life than trying to insult people? It's.. kind of depressing to the casual onlooker.

Meh somebody's clearly hurt her feelings or something.

Picking at the drughead near-underclass dropouts must be her way of venting. A lot do that ya know. xD

For Taris!

« Reply #1043 on: April 05, 2012, 01:15:03 AM »
No he doesn't. If giving the opportunity for middle class families and small businesses to not starve to death/go bankrupt so they can continue paying large corporations for their products is communist, then black is white and up is down. You don't know what communism IS do you?

Somewhat tbh. I still know he's going to break us though. The debt/economy should be straightened the fuck out first because we're in quicksand.

For Taris!

Offline Xyrano

• Forum Lord
« Reply #1044 on: April 05, 2012, 01:32:55 AM »
Long story short, communism doesn't involve family owned businesses.

Offline Halden

• Facebook
« Reply #1045 on: April 05, 2012, 01:55:46 AM »
Somewhat tbh. I still know he's going to break us though. The debt/economy should be straightened the fuck out first because we're in quicksand.

The debt and economy are where they are because we don't hold the rich to the same standard of responsibility that the rest of the country is held at. We spend all of our money killing people in the middle east and then the only people who CAN contribute taxes to pay for that sort of thing aren't made to. They're given tax breaks and loopholes and yadda yadda yadda with the assumption that their riches will be spent on more salaries for more employees and such and that doesn't happen. That is literally all that Obama said in that 55 minute speech. But hey, hate him anyway and claim he's going to destroy the country.

The funny thing is that while Obama may have used poison ivy leaves as bandaging to stop the horrific bleed this country is experiencing and possibly made things worse(because he is a corporate shill not a communist), people like you and Korris blame him for everything that's going wrong. He's only a small part of the problem. Capitalism is destroying this country, not communism. We need more regulation on banks and less people giving a shit about who marries who and what religion builds a place of worship where. My favorite part is that the conservative nutjobs are doing their jobs AMAZINGLY well because that distraction is there for republican voters and they don't notice that they're now passing laws to allow LITERALLY FUCKING US IN THE ASS FOR NOT WEARING A SEATBELT.

So rage more about communism that doesn't exist. I'll be worried about our civil liberties being stripped the fuck away piece by piece in the name of national security.

Offline Dalken Starbyne

• Masquerade
  • *SPARKLES WITH SCIENCE*
    • Over The Fence
« Reply #1046 on: April 05, 2012, 02:05:15 AM »

...He's proposing increasing spending power among the majority of the population. That would increase the strength of our still very much capitalist economy at the most basic level. That is the complete opposite of communism.

Now, whether he means it or not is another matter (because as Halden says, he's shown a capitalistic trend regardless), but some of the points he made in this speech are some of the very same things that a lot of people have been saying all over the place. We need balance in the economy, and we need compromise in the government.  Neither capitalism nor communism are perfect systems, but we can certainly benefit from some of the good parts of both. Regardless of what direction we take, however, we need our government to stop fighting itself for stupid and pointless popularity contests first and start working together to progress for a better America. People are always going to disagree, sure, but when you start getting people opposing stuff just because the other party is for it, there is something wrong with the system.

« Reply #1047 on: April 05, 2012, 02:20:07 AM »
I'll be worried about our civil liberties being stripped the fuck away piece by piece in the name of national security.

Why do you think I can't approve of him? He's been responsible for a good deal of wrong himself. He re-signed and added to the Patriot Act and has a foreign policy very damn similar to Bush via Libya, Africa, and very soon Iran.

He's denied he'll attack Iran, sure, but he said he'd bring the troops home his first day in office too. The man himself seems likable and I -want- to like him but I can't and won't because his Administration is a mockery. Our (if you can call it that) foreign policy and national security is apparently dictated by the U.N under Obama.

I hate Bush just as much as the next red blooded American, but I think Bush and Cheney would have at least told the U.N to go fuck themselves with no vaseline instead of fall in line to babysit the world instead of America and American interests.

Another reason I don't like him is because Goldman Sachs is up his ass, lobbying for him and his candidacy. I've started believing that the politician with Goldman Sachs in his/her pocket get what they want one way or the god damn other. Pisses me off it's decided even before going into it.

If he's enhancing free market and I misinterpreted what he's getting at, then I actually do support him on this.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:22:24 AM by The F'ing Enclave Guy »

For Taris!

Offline Kasakera

• Because Fuck You
« Reply #1048 on: April 05, 2012, 02:23:46 AM »
This is how some of you seem to think this country works:

The President wants to something, therefore he instantly has the power to do it and everything he promises he doesn't do it's because he's a lying fuck

How this country really works:

The President wants something, he must weave through a gauntlet of obstacles from the opposition party and make shittons of compromises just to get the shit considered, and even then it can take months or years of pressure just to get something done, if it happens at all.

How some people think military deployments work:

Troops can be sent out and taken back instantly whenever the President feels like it

How military deployments really work:

Troops being deployed and withdrawn must be done so carefully, usually involving communication with multitudes of international organizations and foreign governments, sometimes taking weeks or months or years to do the process completely.

And just for the record, Libya was a NATO  and UN sanctioned action. America didn't just go charging in like a wild cowboy, firing from the hips.

For fucks sake, I wish people would just google things for five goddamn seconds before speaking.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:34:32 AM by Kasakera »

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Offline Halden

• Facebook
« Reply #1049 on: April 05, 2012, 02:32:22 AM »
...He's proposing increasing spending power among the majority of the population. That would increase the strength of our still very much capitalist economy at the most basic level. That is the complete opposite of communism.

Now, whether he means it or not is another matter (because as Halden says, he's shown a capitalistic trend regardless), but some of the points he made in this speech are some of the very same things that a lot of people have been saying all over the place. We need balance in the economy, and we need compromise in the government.  Neither capitalism nor communism are perfect systems, but we can certainly benefit from some of the good parts of both. Regardless of what direction we take, however, we need our government to stop fighting itself for stupid and pointless popularity contests first and start working together to progress for a better America. People are always going to disagree, sure, but when you start getting people opposing stuff just because the other party is for it, there is something wrong with the system.

I would consider what the republican party is doing to be outright treason at times. They are literally fighting Obama and the left side of the aisle on EVERYTHING. It doesn't matter if Obama proposed that for 1 million dollars he could find an intergalactic space society that would make every American immortal and never need to consume food to survive. He could come up with world peace, world profit, for the benefit of every single american citizen including them and they would shut him down.

When something gets proposed that would help every citizen of this country and they refuse to sign it simply because they refuse to agree with anything he does, they should be ousted from their roles as congressmen/senators/supreme court justices for wanting to bring harm on american citizens.