Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Red Sands, Lok  (Read 16826 times)

Offline Lexija

• Prolific Poster
  • If by 'dodged a bullet' you mean "got your penis
Re: Red Sands, Lok
« Reply #375 on: September 07, 2011, 03:50:11 PM »
I was about to go >:C C'mon kids, I expect more mature behaviour!

Then I remembered this is SSG and lol'd instead.

Ha.

Ha.

Sniping range is over there, ladies. ;) No veils required.

Just repeating what I've been told!

Judging from the people I've talked to who either returned for the end or have stuck around but do not have an active guild or core group to RP with any longer, RP is hard to find. But there is this odd lack of sympathy and insistence those who can't find it are doing it wrong and shouldn't make steps to try to make RP easier, just because some people are happy with it.

The trouble is that since many of the people who left DID start playing other games, this attitude is just going to make them go "fuck it" and stop playing entirely. Why work for it in a game where people are treating you like shit for wanting RP if it's readily available elsewhere with no associated drama and baggage? Think about it.

Offline Amillo

• Prolific Poster
    • THE NEW SSG
« Reply #376 on: September 07, 2011, 03:59:34 PM »
Just repeating what I've been told!

Judging from the people I've talked to who either returned for the end or have stuck around but do not have an active guild or core group to RP with any longer, RP is hard to find. But there is this odd lack of sympathy and insistence those who can't find it are doing it wrong and shouldn't make steps to try to make RP easier, just because some people are happy with it.

The trouble is that since many of the people who left DID start playing other games, this attitude is just going to make them go "fuck it" and stop playing entirely. Why work for it in a game where people are treating you like shit for wanting RP if it's readily available elsewhere with no associated drama and baggage? Think about it.

It's always been like this, to be honest. But whenever it was brought up before it was just kind of hushed away and more or less forgotten.

Offline Lexija

• Prolific Poster
  • If by 'dodged a bullet' you mean "got your penis
« Reply #377 on: September 07, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »
It's always been like this, to be honest. But whenever it was brought up before it was just kind of hushed away and more or less forgotten.

Yeah, probably because it wasn't as big of an issue before... there was a big variety of active guilds to join and cities to RP in. It could still be hard to find, but the options existed at least. Now the options are much more limited.

I still feel like trying to come together as a whole would be more beneficial for the end game, but people want to stick to their groups til the end, which I can't really fault them for. I can only fault the attitudes of some of them. :P

Offline Amillo

• Prolific Poster
    • THE NEW SSG
« Reply #378 on: September 07, 2011, 04:17:49 PM »
Yeah, probably because it wasn't as big of an issue before... there was a big variety of active guilds to join and cities to RP in. It could still be hard to find, but the options existed at least. Now the options are much more limited.

I still feel like trying to come together as a whole would be more beneficial for the end game, but people want to stick to their groups til the end, which I can't really fault them for. I can only fault the attitudes of some of them. :P

Look at all the stupid, pointless, laughable drama that has happened on this server and pushed everyone away more or less. You can't blame them for not wanting to leave their groups of friends that they know they can trust and all that.

Offline The Fukcing Enclave Guy

• Dark Lord of the Forums
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
    • IC Enclave Patriotic Music
« Reply #379 on: September 07, 2011, 04:34:16 PM »

How noble of you to have such a simple yet meaningful goal/hope. Honestly though? SSG coming together is like the KKK and BPP coming together. As in, I don't see it happening in my life span in this terrestrial realm (WINNING!).

However, I'd without hesitation join those coming together. So, wanna be great pals? :P

For Taris!
How much you wanna bet Enclave is higher than a motherfucking satellite right now.

Offline Snee

• Got his fishcake and ate it too
« Reply #380 on: September 07, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »

WRONG.

Said Snee ironically.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:05:41 PM by Snee »

@Tukian

Offline Juroden

• Prolific Poster
    • Helmet Holos
« Reply #381 on: September 08, 2011, 02:55:56 AM »
Psh its only been like this since 2009

lululululululululul
So say we all

The road ahead is frot with peril

« Reply #382 on: September 08, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »
Psh its only been like this since 2009

lululululululululul

2008 actually. I made my character on SS in early to mid 2008. And I've remembered it like this ever since. Good guess though. :P

Who would have thunk us nerds couldn't unite like in Revenge of the Nerds?

For Taris!
How much you wanna bet Enclave is higher than a motherfucking satellite right now.

Offline That Talking Dog

• Hope
  • Forum Wampa
  • Built of fail...
« Reply #383 on: September 08, 2011, 05:16:06 PM »
I didn't play on SS back then, but I assume it had a mass exodus after the NGE just like all the other servers.
Just a question of making the best of it and using the tools available :)
Do you think it's true? That our love will tear us apart?
That I'm crazy for you, but will end up breaking your heart?
On a trip to Naboo, I wander in between the stars
They explode like ballons.
It has been like that from the start.

« Reply #384 on: September 08, 2011, 05:28:46 PM »
I didn't play on SS back then, but I assume it had a mass exodus after the NGE just like all the other servers.
Just a question of making the best of it and using the tools available :)

It was more populous, and RP was everywhere, but needless to say it was kind of like Compton.

For Taris!

Offline That Talking Dog

• Hope
  • Forum Wampa
  • Built of fail...
« Reply #385 on: September 08, 2011, 05:30:38 PM »
It was more populous, and RP was everywhere, but needless to say it was kind of like Compton.

Never been there... But I imagine it's a big boy version of this neighbourhood (SO happy I'm moving out of it in a month!)

« Reply #386 on: September 08, 2011, 05:39:40 PM »
Never been there... But I imagine it's a big boy version of this neighbourhood (SO happy I'm moving out of it in a month!)

LOL I've never been to Compton either. Just said it because it's probably the most well known sub-urban place for gang warfare and cliques. Made possible by NWA. :P

For Taris!

Offline That Talking Dog

• Hope
  • Forum Wampa
  • Built of fail...
« Reply #387 on: September 08, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »
LOL I've never been to Compton either. Just said it because it's probably the most well known sub-urban place for gang warfare and cliques. Made possible by NWA. :P

Yup, large scale of this hood then... drug warring (no shooting tho), pushing, regular fights, guys on dirtbikes at 3am in the morning ect ect. Do you know how much noise 1 dirtbike makes at 3am? Then imagine 4 of them racing around for like an HOUR!!!! /growl
But... 4 weeks and we'll be living in our OWN house on a quiet street. 10 mins walk to work for me. No jerks making failed hollywood slides across the hood of my car... quiet... maybe I'll finally be able to sleep through the night... would be amazing if that happened :D

But, back to the topic, enough daydreaming :P
Use RP and RS chat channels, they're there and there's usually people around (depending on hours as always). It helps a bit and takes the bore out of waiting for friends to log in :D

Offline Caer

• Prolific Poster
  • It's Okay to be Takei!!!
    • Kai'rii the journal of a Mandalorian
« Reply #388 on: September 10, 2011, 10:41:54 PM »
I dunno about that. The chat channels have seemed sparse lately.

As of 4 days ago (my acct is down now, sadly)

Logged in around 4pm Pacific (7pm EST) and found 4 people in the chat channel. Said hello, only one who responded was Lanko. We had a fun chat I don't even think it was about Rp.
Logged in around 2 pm Pacific (5Pm EST) found 3 people besides myself logged on, said hello. no one responded.
Logged in around 6pm Pacific (9pm EST) found 5 people in channel. No one speaking.

All these times are considered 'prime' time in the states. So...
Caer's Journal

Quote from: Halden
What if it's a female predator and she's going all chitter chitter skreeeee in your face?

Offline Sonfax

• Forum Lord
  • Fetching bio...
« Reply #389 on: September 10, 2011, 10:57:25 PM »
I dunno about that. The chat channels have seemed sparse lately.

As of 4 days ago (my acct is down now, sadly)

Logged in around 4pm Pacific (7pm EST) and found 4 people in the chat channel. Said hello, only one who responded was Lanko. We had a fun chat I don't even think it was about Rp.
Logged in around 2 pm Pacific (5Pm EST) found 3 people besides myself logged on, said hello. no one responded.
Logged in around 6pm Pacific (9pm EST) found 5 people in channel. No one speaking.

All these times are considered 'prime' time in the states. So...

Are you going to resub for the 15th???

And I have an active sub if you ever want to RP.