Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Farpoint Valley  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Ramona

• Forum Lord
    • Holonews
Farpoint Valley
« on: April 13, 2011, 08:28:42 AM »
"Mind your own business."

Farpoint Valley was founded in 2004, and is still around.

The city is an open roleplay city. Residents are free to make their own rules for their buildings, and to choose who they roleplay with. The city militia is no roleplay police, they won't tell anyone how to roleplay, at most they may give out some advice.

In character, the same applies - the residents are expected to handle their own problems, and not cause trouble for others. Unless the city itself is affected the authorities won't bother to get involved. You can assume that any law enforcement (by mercenaries or npc props) only happens when the mayor is personally concerned, and even that's not too sure. That means the city does not offer law enforcement roleplay, unless you count people putting bounties up.

If you want to play a smuggler or criminal and tangle with the law, dealing with nosy officers, etc., FPV is not the place for you since no one really cares what exactly you do as long as it doesn't annoy the neighbours. If you've got a character that likes his or her privacy, and less ic and ooc rules, then FPV may be a place for you.

Offline K

• Dark Lord of the Forums
  • A better class of asshole.
Re: Farpoint Valley
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 11:56:23 AM »
ahhh, good ol' Farpoint. Good times, good times.
"What have we got- a Republic, or a Monarchy?"
"A Republic, if you can keep it."

Offline Cyria/Cas-Ru

• Prolific Poster
  • I HOLD THE CONCH. BE SILENT AND LISTEN TO ME.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 12:00:10 PM »
ahhh, good ol' Farpoint. Good times, good times.
Cyria Keto: ISB Investigator
Cas-Ru Roben: Dead

Offline Ramona

• Forum Lord
    • Holonews
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:33:59 PM »
We're currently dealing with some transportation trouble on the route to New Kestic, Lok.

Offline Ramona

• Forum Lord
    • Holonews
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 05:48:23 AM »
We're still around. Weekly convoy events start there, spontaneous RP stuff happens irregularily - from bar openings to nights at one of the spas or training sessions in the grindhouse.

Offline Ghost and Geezer

• Forum Wampa
  • "Who Dares Wins"
    • The Clone Red Clan
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 11:36:44 PM »
Nice, that's good to hear.  I've been missing these badly due to work.  However, I'll be starting my 30 day transfer leave starting tommorow so I will defiantly have a higher chance of attending and maybe trying out my V-wing in it.  The first 2 weeks will be iffy I'' be visiting a friend who might not have good internet.  But we'll see how that goes.
SFC. Kentt' "Ghost" Em'asep
Squadron Overseer
VX-49 Phantoms
220th Long Range Reconnaissance Platoon <CCXX>

Offline Dee'lin Sarlo

• Forum Whipid
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 10:34:02 AM »
Grindhouse? I've been there many times, what's the Grindhouse?

Offline Ramona

• Forum Lord
    • Holonews
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 04:49:19 AM »
The big building next to the city hall - houses the training/sparring hall on the ground floor and the bar & spa in the basement. It's where the karaoke nights were traditionally held.