Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The City of New Doros, Talus  (Read 31628 times)

Offline Cyria/Cas-Ru

• Prolific Poster
  • I HOLD THE CONCH. BE SILENT AND LISTEN TO ME.
The City of New Doros, Talus
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:46:23 AM »
The City of New Doros

City Name:   New Doros
Planet: Talus
Waypoint: South-South West of Dearic. (Has a shuttle)
Mayor: Jaxlyn (IC) Cas-Ru (OOC)
City Council: Cas-Ru, Quinllan (Corvalis), Rhaze; J'ao
Chief of Police: Ogeale'
Garrison Commander: Lanko

Chatroom: /starsider.chat.NewDoros

City Map

Directory
Zone A: City Center
1: City Hall
2: The Imperial League of New Doros
3: Temple of Kika'lekki
4: The Old Cantina
5: Corellian Sector Starfighter Command
6: Stormtrooper Barracks
7: Starfighter Pilot Training Center
8: The Dragon's Gulp
9: Police Comissioner's office
10: Governor's Office
11: Mayor's Office
12: Jewel of Talus Theatre
13: The Riverside Hotel

Zone B: The Riverfront District
1: New Doros Hospital
2: New Doros Security Center
3: First Bank of Talus, New Doros Branch
4: New Doros Museum of Fine Art
5: The Hole in the Wall Diner

Zone C: Business District and Starport [Note: This disrict is currently in the planning stages]
1: Port Authority
2-5: Unassigned Business Space

Zone D: The Old City
1: Old Ruins
2: Ancient Tomb
3: Abandoned Academy, Building One
4: Abandoned Academy, Building Two

History
((Coming Soon))

[size=12pt]Faction
[/u][/b]
Imperial: New Doros is a city occupied by the forces of His Majesty's Galactic Empire, while this is not meant to discourage rebels from coming to New Doros, in fact, we encourage it. It does mean, however, that open acts of disloyalty will arouse the suspicions of the local garrison.
LAWS:

Class One Offenses (Major Jail Time or Execution):
  • Treason
  • Murder
  • Attempted Murder
  • Smuggling
  • Piracy
  • Dealing/Manufacturing a controlled substance
  • Armed/Aerial Bank Robbery
  • Heresy (Force Use)

Class Two Offenses (Small Jail Time):
  • Assault
  • Possession of a controlled substance
  • Minor Smuggling
  • Resisting fine or arrest
  • Attacking a police officer
  • Tax evasion
  • Theft/Robbery
  • Kidnapping/Enslaving
  • Impersonating an officer
  • Discharging a firearm in public
  • Use of EMP weaponry

Class Three Offenses (Fine):
  • Public Disorder
  • Possession of an illegal firearm
  • Public Nudity
  • Minor Tax Evasion
  • Minor Possession of a Controlled Substance
  • Cursing at a police officer
  • Failure to carry an ID
  • Vandalism

NOTE: While slaves are considered property in New Doros, attempts to enslave within the city will be considered Kidnapping. Taxes must be paid if slaves are bought or sold.

Attacking the City

Raids: While we encourage spontaneous RP, due to the disruptive nature of constant raids we require you notify one of the city officials (Cas-Ru, 'Malik', Sowisp, Anelo) with at least ONE HOUR advance notice. Combat in the city is PvP based and follows Becc's rules which can be found here on the forums. We reseve the right to deny you permission to raid the city based on past actions and current city events. City Militia has the final say on all outcomes.

Combat within the City of New Doros

When fighting within the city against police, militia, or Imperial forces, attackers have two options they may select from.

Simple highest dice, alternating turn 3HP: One player attacks, both roll a d20, if attacker's die is higher, defender looses 1 HP. Defender then becomes attacker. Repeat untill 3 successful hits have been made.

RPvP Duel, lowest bound buff rule: Duels exchanged and fought. If one side does not have medic/ent buffs the other side drops theirs. No GCW buffs/stims. Group buffs allowed.

Destruction of Property: Any attack which involves destruction of a city facility must have permission of the owner and city officals. We require 48 HOURS notice in advance for these to occur. City Militia has the final say on all outcomes.

Recognition of Imperial Rank

New Doros is an Imperial-aligned city, however, for the protection of our citizens and the prevention of powergaming against our city militia, only the guilds listed here under the Empire board, unless otherwise noted. will have their ranks respected by city officials. If you wish to apply to have personal or guild recognition, contact a city official.

NEW DOROS ROLEPLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
Revised 8/21/2009

CITY MILITIA: The city militia have complete OOC authority over all disputes. This includes, but is not limited to dictating the outcome of an emote duel should they believe godmodding is involved or any type of OOC argument. The city militia reserves the right to ban anyone from the city for a violation of the rules or if the militia feel you are being destructive to the roleplay environment.

LAW: City Laws are enforced by the city police, most of whom are Gov members, or the Stormtrooper Garrisson (SPCTR). IC actions have IC consequences. If you break a law, expect to be arrested and put on trial. If you blatantly avoid the consequences of you actions, you will be banned from the city.

BUILDINGS: Damage or destruction of city buildings must be approved by both the city militia and the OOC owner of the structure. Attempts to damage a city building without consent will be ignored.

EVENTS: Unscheduled attacks on the city during scheduled events will be considered griefing and you will be banned. However, during events there is a crowd mentality and characters that would normally be hunted in the city are welcome to come and try to blend in.

GODMODDING: Godmoding can also refer to the case where a player definitively describes the outcome of their own actions against another character or interactive object. For example, if player A states, "A strikes B and B takes damage", they could be considered to be godmoding.  For example, Player A states, "B misses A completely, and strikes C instead." The last 2 examples have also been called "calling consequences", where Player A doesn't leave A's actions against another character (B or C) open-ended and calls the consequence of said action, not giving Player B or Player C a choice about what happens to their charcters. Players engaging in godmodding as determines by the senior militia member on duty are subject to a ban.

METAGAMING: Metagaming often refers to having a character act on knowledge that only the player has access to, and not their character. For instance, avoiding a trap because you heard about it OOCly from a friend. Players found to be metagaming will be subject to a ban from the city.

CONFLICT: We highly suggest players use the in game mechanics to settle disputes. If an emote duel is used, we require the involved players to roll a die to determine the winner beforehand. If this is not obeyed, city militia will dictate a winner.

THE FORCE: Using the force in New Doros is allowed OOCly, though players that repeatedly use the force or a lightsaber will be asked not to return. We strive to provide an immersive RP environment and overt force use takes away from that. If you are a jedi, sith, or whatever, you should be in hiding.

HEAVY WEAPONS: Due to collateral damage, you will be arrested for blatant USE of a heavy weapon while in New Doros. Fight Nights excluded.

REBELS: New Doros is an imperial city, hide your affiliation. If you are discovered, you will be arrested

IMPERIALS: Only guilds on the recognition list will have their ranks recognized beyond the rank of Sergeant. Anyone else attempting to show up and boss around the stormtroopers without prior notification will be ignored.

SLAVERY: Slavery is legal in New Doros, as laid down by Imperial law. However, the taking of any free sentient within the city boundaries will be seen as kidnapping by the city police. Slaves brought into the city however, remain slaves and will be treated ICly as property.

THIS IS NOT DOOM: You cannot carry carry five different weapons and still walk. You cannot conceal a gigantic weapon like a rocket launcher on you. Watch the movies, people go down in 1-2 hits, not several shots, see GODMODDING.

BANS: If you are banned, you have two weeks to file an appeal with Cas-Ru or Sowisp. First time bans may be lifted after two weeks, repeat bans are permanent.

Limited Armor Restriction

The use of Imperial armors will be ICly restricted to Stormtroopers actively on patrol. Anyone else seen wearing it is subject to detainment for questioning.

If you have any questions, contact Cas-Ru
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 01:06:48 AM by Scroogio »
Cyria Keto: ISB Investigator
Cas-Ru Roben: Dead

Offline Cyria/Cas-Ru

• Prolific Poster
Re: The City of New Doros
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 01:20:21 PM »
Jiaasjen's Map

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:03:13 AM by Big C »

Offline Lona & Lu

• Retired RP / Events Senator
  • Dark Lord of the Forums
    • Holowood Galactic Studios
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 01:53:14 PM »
Thank you Cas-Ru and Vladarica (ST props) for hosting Green Day Parade in New Doros. Thanks for capturing the event's festivities by making the parade stage.

Offline Cyria/Cas-Ru

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 02:29:23 PM »
We had a lot of fun, thanks for choosing our city for the parade

Offline Amu

• One with the Force
  • ( Y ) .... teehee I just mooned you!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 07:16:59 PM »
Nice! That's a great directory and I had to blink on realizing there is a hotel and Temple of Kika'Lekki.   :) 

Offline Cyria/Cas-Ru

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 03:38:35 AM »
Nice! That's a great directory and I had to blink on realizing there is a hotel and Temple of Kika'Lekki.   :) 

The Hotel is about 80% complete, the temple is a lot closer to 10% >.>

Offline Sinny The Lek

• Forum Wampa
  • Desire leads to Obsession
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 05:51:07 PM »
The Hotel is about 80% complete, the temple is a lot closer to 10% >.>

/cough

Guess I have to redecorate that place huh.. /whaps Cas

tyrrell.wookiee: Eoton does a great job shoveling my back door

Offline Corvalis

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 06:10:43 PM »
The TIE training center bunker is 100% complete, as is the Corellian Sector Fleet Starfighter Command HQ. If you want to see something REALLY cool, check out the pinball machine Tru just completed in the latter. Pure genius.

Offline Cyria/Cas-Ru

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »
/cough

Guess I have to redecorate that place huh.. /whaps Cas

Did you really think I was going to let you off that easy? :D

Offline Ral'Rai / Eleasa

• Roaming Bitch of SSG
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 07:51:42 PM »
The Temple of Kika'lekki... Is it fully functional? With a Kiva?...  :)

If it is, or if there's intrest of someone to play the role of a Kiva, I might be having a Jasshi'rr "soon".

Edit: I hereby offer my 700th post to the City of New Doros.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 07:55:13 PM by Sydona »

Offline Cyria/Cas-Ru

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 12:02:10 AM »
The Temple of Kika'lekki... Is it fully functional? With a Kiva?...  :)

If it is, or if there's intrest of someone to play the role of a Kiva, I might be having a Jasshi'rr "soon".

Edit: I hereby offer my 700th post to the City of New Doros.

It will be I guess if Sin finishes it :P

Also youll have to ask her about the Kiva thing, I only have the faintest idea what that is

Offline Ral'Rai / Eleasa

• Roaming Bitch of SSG
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 12:03:39 AM »
It will be I guess if Sin finishes it :P

Also youll have to ask her about the Kiva thing, I only have the faintest idea what that is

*goes to haunt Sinya*

Offline Cyria/Cas-Ru

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 12:39:08 AM »
*goes to haunt Sinya*

Youre a ghost?

Offline Ral'Rai / Eleasa

• Roaming Bitch of SSG
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 01:12:47 AM »
Youre a ghost?

Only in your nightmares Cas, only in your nightmares.

Offline Cyria/Cas-Ru

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 01:24:58 AM »
Only in your nightmares Cas, only in your nightmares.

My nightmares are a hell of a lot more disturbing then that