Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: SWTOR: Task Force XCV - Oh yes, we're back.  (Read 16946 times)

Offline Jorven Mkoll

• TF-A
  • Forum Assassin
  • Task Force XCV
Re: SWTOR: Task Force XCV - Oh yes, we're back.
« Reply #270 on: December 20, 2011, 10:33:29 AM »

Sounds about right!

Caff, you would pick the name Jorven.

Some shitface stole it. And let me take a moment to explain exactly how they are a shitface:

#1 - They've stolen the name of one of the greatest heroes the Rebellion has ever known :-X
#2 - It's an iconic name that people know and love me by.
AND #3 - No-one, and absolutely NO-ONE else, can possibly pull off the name "Caffran" whilst simultaneously combining it with "Cloudrunner", and still be taken seriously. Honestly, someone in the community out there is a faggot and deserves to be shot with a taser. Then thrown into the fiery pits of hell to burn while demons poke their sphinctre-hole with sharp forks and lick the juices with their barbed tongues. >:(

Offline Sayon

• TF-A
  • Dark Lord of the Forums
  • I'm not unemployed. I'm NSFW.
« Reply #271 on: December 20, 2011, 11:39:50 AM »
shot with a taser. Then thrown into the fiery pits of hell to burn while demons poke their sphinctre-hole with sharp forks and lick the juices with their barbed tongues. >:(

Oh baby, you always know how to turn me on.
See me and Sayon, were the coolest Bothans to ever roll around in that poorly animated game

Offline That F'ing Crazy Blue-Haired Space Dog.

• TF-A
  • Forum Graul
« Reply #272 on: December 20, 2011, 11:52:25 AM »
] Honestly, someone in the community out there is a faggot and deserves to be shot with a taser. Then thrown into the fiery pits of hell to burn while demons poke their sphinctre-hole with sharp forks and lick the juices with their barbed tongues. >:(

Okay Caff, I'll be on the Lightside with you now

Offline Jorven Mkoll

• TF-A
  • Forum Assassin
  • Task Force XCV
« Reply #273 on: December 20, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
Also, having spent some time examining the game and dealing with BioWare, I've concluded (based on my own personal experience) that, whilst SWTOR is an enjoyable and playable game, BioWare are a SHIT company. Serveral reasons:

- They create Roleplaying servers but refuse to enforce RP regulations and won't direct non-RPers to servers more ideally suited to their interests.

- A mechanic for sitting on chairs does, in fact, EXIST, they've just been too fucking lazy to make it possible on every chair in the game (which is both outrageous, and arrogant of them to assume that people won't mind). I'd personally love to sit on chairs anywhere I can, if my char wants a rest.

- Their customer service takes longer than 2 days to respond (at least in my experience on several occasions).

- Despite having pre-ordered the game for her, too, my girlfriend's pre-order code did not arrive until after the game was released. Dicks.

- Space combat is not in fact combat, and is more along the lines of an arcade rail shooter which adds very little to the game in any way, shape or form. Have not seen any evidence (YET) of BioWare showing interest in developing this.

- Cannot decorate ship with furniture (SWG, a game running on a much older engine managed this.)

- Helmets are, for some reason, not included until level 20 - BioWare seem to have this silly idea in their fat arrogant heads that people would rather have helmet-less characters.

- For a number of the above reasons, BioWare, like Blizzard, clearly have little or no regard for Roleplayers at all.

- Even if they do admit that they will develop certain areas at a later date, BioWare have clearly released an incomplete game.

/endrant

EDIT: Have been queued for over 20 minutes for the community's chosen, and awfully-named (lard-arse), RP server (which was believed to have less pointless players - as in, players who aren't roleplayers on a roleplaying server - and therefore would have fewer players and hence shorter queues)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 02:47:45 PM by Caffran Cloudrunner »

Offline Elkesi

• ISC
  • Dark Lord of the Forums
  • Your opinion is wrong and mine is right.
« Reply #274 on: December 20, 2011, 03:29:23 PM »
- They create Roleplaying servers but refuse to enforce RP regulations and won't direct non-RPers to servers more ideally suited to their interests.

What RP regulations do you want? Most MMOs just use the RP server tag as a gathering spot for people who enjoy that variant of gameplay. From what I've seen, most of the RP servers have RP'rs and not much else. Even if there are a few outliers I don't see why that is such a bad thing.

- A mechanic for sitting on chairs does, in fact, EXIST, they've just been too fucking lazy to make it possible on every chair in the game (which is both outrageous, and arrogant of them to assume that people won't mind). I'd personally love to sit on chairs anywhere I can, if my char wants a rest.

It's not so simple as "making it possible for every chair". Not every chair or every environment works in the same way and they've said that it would be incredibly difficult to make every chair work.

- Their customer service takes longer than 2 days to respond (at least in my experience on several occasions).

Try to imagine how much customer service tickets that are getting right now. Keep that in mind because you really should be more forgiving about it.

- Despite having pre-ordered the game for her, too, my girlfriend's pre-order code did not arrive until after the game was released. Dicks.

If you bought it digitally, the fault is on Origin, if you pre-ordered from a retailer the fault is on the retailer, not BioWare.

- Space combat is not in fact combat, and is more along the lines of an arcade rail shooter which adds very little to the game in any way, shape or form. Have not seen any evidence (YET) of BioWare showing interest in developing this.

They have said multiple times that they have "big surprises in the works" with regard to space. What that means and when/if it will be implemented remains ambigous. I don't know why people expect a game to have a fully optimized space simulator at launch. SWG certainly didn't have that and I am perfectly happy with this MINIGAME as a stand-in. For now all they wanted to implement was a minigame and that appeals to some people, not all. They choose to approach space in this way for now, to begrudge them as a company for it is silly.

- Cannot decorate ship with furniture (SWG, a game running on a much older engine managed this.)

Not a part of the game. This isn't SWG. Comparing them is ridiculous. Not all games or engines operate in the same way or are built for the same tasks. You just can't compare them no matter the age.

- Helmets are, for some reason, not included until level 20 - BioWare seem to have this silly idea in their fat arrogant heads that people would rather have helmet-less characters.

Really?

Just level, I don't see why this is a problem. SWG had an armor restriction at level 22, I don't see how this is any different.

- For a number of the above reasons, BioWare, like Blizzard, clearly have little or no regard for Roleplayers at all.

Sorry, but RP'rs are the minority. It's bad buisness to spend valuable development time catering to the minority when you're trying to sell a product. Regardless, they try to do what they can. They know the RP community exists and they make an effort to accommodate us, maybe not the way you want, but it exists. The mod armor system that is so pervasive in the game is hugely beneficial to RP'rs in my book.

- Even if they do admit that they will develop certain areas at a later date, BioWare have clearly released an incomplete game.

How is it incomplete? Because it lacks features YOU want?

I hope you're joking about most of this. You seem to have the stereotypical "Why isn't this SWG 2?!" mentality.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 03:33:51 PM by Elkesi »

"There are no secrets in life, just hidden truths, that lie beneath the surface."

Offline That F'ing Crazy Blue-Haired Space Dog.

• TF-A
  • Forum Graul
« Reply #275 on: December 20, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »
I agree with Elkesi

Don't you dare badmouth the people who made Mass Effect

Offline Gybock/Wrrevtalon

• Forum Wampa
  • i lack creativity for personal text
« Reply #276 on: December 20, 2011, 05:37:08 PM »
This game is efficiently replacing SWG as our Star Wars MMO, which alot of people like to RP with. So obviously comparisons will be made.
TOR is a brand new game, and this means features that we arn't used will be present and when they have a negative impact on our RP it can be difficult to get around, especially early on.

What RP regulations do you want? Most MMOs just use the RP server tag as a gathering spot for people who enjoy that variant of gameplay. From what I've seen, most of the RP servers have RP'rs and not much else. Even if there are a few outliers I don't see why that is such a bad thing.

A few outliers is fine, but if there are a mass of PvP guilds forming on a RP server, Bioware can show them where their interests would be met more efficiently.

It's not so simple as "making it possible for every chair". Not every chair or every environment works in the same way and they've said that it would be incredibly difficult to make every chair work.

Fair enough, but it is still worth mentioning that it is annoying because people tend to enjoy sitting down like we always could on SWG.

Try to imagine how much customer service tickets that are getting right now. Keep that in mind because you really should be more forgiving about it.

That's true, service will improve over time.

If you bought it digitally, the fault is on Origin, if you pre-ordered from a retailer the fault is on the retailer, not BioWare.

Fair enough.

They have said multiple times that they have "big surprises in the works" with regard to space. What that means and when/if it will be implemented remains ambigous. I don't know why people expect a game to have a fully optimized space simulator at launch. SWG certainly didn't have that and I am perfectly happy with this MINIGAME as a stand-in. For now all they wanted to implement was a minigame and that appeals to some people, not all. They choose to approach space in this way for now, to begrudge them as a company for it is silly.

They could have added more to space by launch instead of leaving us with a lacking space system, but if they are going to improve soon then fine.

Not a part of the game. This isn't SWG. Comparing them is ridiculous. Not all games or engines operate in the same way or are built for the same tasks. You just can't compare them no matter the age.

Why shouldn't we be able to personalize our ships?

Really?

Just level, I don't see why this is a problem. SWG had an armor restriction at level 22, I don't see how this is any different.

Why should we have to be a certain level for the ability to wear something to protect our heads?

Sorry, but RP'rs are the minority. It's bad buisness to spend valuable development time catering to the minority when you're trying to sell a product. Regardless, they try to do what they can. They know the RP community exists and they make an effort to accommodate us, maybe not the way you want, but it exists. The mod armor system that is so pervasive in the game is hugely beneficial to RP'rs in my book.

How is it incomplete? Because it lacks features YOU want?

Since you said they have more to put into space, clearly space is incomplete.

I hope you're joking about most of this. You seem to have the stereotypical "Why isn't this SWG 2?!" mentality.

Because SWG is gone, and TOR has taken it's place as XCV's home and we're noticing the differences.