Please, turn off any ad blocker for this site. We have attempted to keep ads as unobtrusive as possible, so, please, do your part to support us. Information about the ads can be found here.
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on LiveShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Where do I begin?  (Read 4696 times)

Offline Jakcen

• Swoop
  • Forum Gorax
  • Transporting for less.
Where do I begin?
« on: October 20, 2011, 05:12:52 AM »
[***** This may contain items of a graphic nature.  If I mention you and you don't want to be involved, let me know and I'll remove any items about you.  This journal is to tell the beginning of a new character of mine.  At present date, he is 50, so this is about how he got to where he is today.  Hope you enjoy******]

"Rookie, keep your kriffing head down or you'll get it shot off," yelled my partner.   
This is my first day on the job.  I graduated from the CorSec academy and my first assignment is Mounted Patrol duty in the slums of Coronet.  We were responding to a call for back-up on a pull over.  We were patrolling the south side of Coronet. 
My partner has been on the job for almost twenty years.  He is from a small town outside of Kor Vella.  Back to why he is yelling at me.  I'm kneeling behind my speeder.  It's a standard Aratech 74, not the cool updated ones the Republic has.  Anyway, I'm kneeling behind it and using it for cover.  I have my blaster out, it is a small pistol that I can wear on my boot and use while riding my speeder.  It's not so good at returning fire when you are pinned down by a gang of thugs. 

A pair of Mounted Troopers pulled over a speeder for swerving in and out of it's lane.  It's a late weekend night, old beat up speeder, most likely a bunch of kids out looking for a good time.  Glad I didn't pull them over.  So the trooper flashes her lights and the speeder pulls over, her partner stays mounted and she goes up to have a chat.   It was going good till then.  She is walking up the driver's side and the door opens, a slug comes hauling out and takes her in the chest.  She goes down hard and yells for help.  Her partner calls it in as the passenger side door opens and a hail of slugs are fired toward the mounted trooper.  He dives from his bike and uses it for cover. 

Calling for back-up, he returns fire and yells at his partner.  She is moving some, trying to get to cover and is having a hard time at it.   We hear the call for help and kick our bike into gear and move to assist our fellow troopers.  First day on the job and I'm in a shootout.  Wait till I tell my dad.  He did 30 years as a Customs Agent at the Doaba Guerfel Spaceport and never even drew his weapon.  Just my luck.  Back to the shootout. 

I dismount just like they taught us.  Well, kind of.  My first boot was great, I had this image in my head of moving in and saving the day.  It was only an image.  My second boot, got caught on the handle bars and caused me to drive my face into the deck.  Ouch!   Got a nice taste of the road and cracked a tooth.  Cursing my luck and my landing, I recover my wits and start firing.  I hit one of the thugs in the shoulder and move out from cover to make a dash for the fallen trooper.  I get about ten feet from her and am hit in the leg by a ricochet and tumble on my face again.   I make it to the trooper and realize I've no idea what to do now.

I think back to my training, all six months and can't think of anything.  Instead I just grab her by the arm and start limping/back peddling as fast as I can.   I get her behind cover and then get into position to get back into the fight.  Half an hour later and three dead thugs and the Calvary shows up.  It is a four man team of skilled operators.  They swoop in and lay down a stream of fire and pull us from the carnage.  At that moment, I knew I wanted to be one. 

We get back to base.  Fill out some paper work and call it a night.  My wound is just a scratch.  I get a letter from the Captain for bravery in the line of duty.  My old man is happy and says I'll make a great trooper.  I have other plans. 

The next day I look into the guys that bailed us out.  Not many folks are talking about them.  I'm able to get that they are a Counter Terrorist group that also serves High value warrants and serves as CorSec's hostage rescue team. 

I ask a few to many questions over the next couple of weeks and one night I get a visit.   It is an old man, says he works with the team and says my scores are good, but I need to do my time first.   I tell him I understand and that I'll be ready when he needs me.  He leaves me a card and tells me to study for the Detective's exam.  Make rank and we will come looking for you.

I take what he says to heart and four years later make Detective.  I get transferred to Doaba Guerfel and put in charge of homicides. 

I walk into the office on my first day.  I grab a mug of caf and look at the roster I have to work with.  It's not much.  I have twelve troopers to patrol the whole of the city and neighboring community. 

Going to be a long day.

Where do I begin? 
Captain of the Rusty Bolt.

Offline Jakcen

• Swoop
  • Forum Gorax
  • Transporting for less.
Re: Where do I begin?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:20:35 AM »

I lean back in my chair, with my feet up on my desk.  I'm having a caf and pastry for the eighth day in a row and feeling it.  I've been averaging almost 16 hours a day and haven't been to the gym.   I'm not fat, I'm just not as skinny as I used to be. 

I've been at this post for just under a year.  I have solved two homicides and have another one waiting to go to trial.  That is what has me in on my day off.   I tracked down and caught this thug.  He was responsible for the rape and murder of a young teacher.  It took me two months to track him down and catch him.  One of my troopers was killed in the raid to grab him. 

About a week after the arrest, I was approached by an old lady, she told me her group would set me up for life if I'd just get this thug off on all charges.  No big deal, I've been tested with bribes for years now.  I've never taken one, but still, this one just seemed wrong on all levels.  Talking to her made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. 

I was looking around, keeping my hands in reach of my gun.  Little old lady was getting on my nerves.  I told her it was up to the jury to determine if he was innocent or not and that bribing an Officer of the law wasn't legal.  I let her leave with a warning and went about my day. 

The next day, I was at home and the comm went off.  I looked at it and it was the office calling.  I answered it and they needed my speeder.  I got a nice big one, hard top and wired for surveillance.  I told them to come over and get it.  One of my rookie troopers came over and was nervous as heck.  I told him to relax and gave him the key.  He saluted and ran over to the speeder.  He turned to me and waved, opened the door and climbed inside.  I turned away and started to shut my door when the speeder blew up.  I was thrown back about ten feet and dazed.  The kid was killed.    I gathered my wits and came to my feet in a rush and fell to my knees.  I grabbed my comm and called for a medical team and for a forensic team.  I slowly made it to my feet and struggled to make it back to the front door.  I drew my pistol and scanned the area.  Nothing.  What the hell had I gotten into?

The teams arrived and a detective from Organized Crime came out to talk to me.   He told me about who I had arrested.   His name was Voth Gord.   His father worked as muscle for Black Sun.  Black Sun?  Kriff.  No wander they put a hit out on me.  I sent one of my troopers to check on my dad.  Black Sun had made a name for themselves with taking out revenge.  Not only would they go after you, they would go after your family also. 

Up until now, Black Sun had left Doabo Guerfel alone.  There is alot of violence going on in the galaxy right now.  Planets leaving the Republic, talk of war.  It was all over the Holo-news.  Guess Black Sun was moving in on my territory now.

Forensics located the bomb, it was military grade.  They said in a week or so, if lucky, they hoped to be able to get a manufacture for it and then we could cross reference it to any missing lots. 

I put in a call to Coronet for some assistance.  I'm not cut out to wage a war against Black Sun out here all alone.  HQ said they would send out an Agent and we could go from there.

I'm meeting this Agent today.  I've got all my papers in order.  Everything I've got on this Voth and Black Sun are on my desk.  It's not much.

There is a knock on the door and a lady, looks a little younger than me walks in.

She introduces herself as Agent Torp and asks what I know.

I look up and smile.

Where do I begin? 

Offline Jakcen

• Swoop
  • Forum Gorax
  • Transporting for less.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 06:42:54 AM »

I reach up and rub my face, feeling the two weeks worth of stubble, I sigh.  No reason to shave anymore.  Veka is pissed and said she will shoot me if I ever try to talk to her again.  Oh well, job comes first.  Anyway, I take a deep breath, then wish I hadn't.  Kriff.  Treylor smells like he has been sleeping in shit.  I know he is playing a bum on this stake-out, but the Nine Hells he is ripe. 

I've been on this job for ten days now.  It's Treylor and me on nights, Krita and Batus on days.  Twelve on, twelve off.  I'm OIC[Officer in Charge] on this one, so I have been sleeping on site.  I look at my chromo, eight hours to go.  I scan the area with the cameras once more before putting on my garb and heading out to take a look around.

Kriff it's cold.  The snow has gotten so deep, I can't see the tops of my boots.  I wish I had of just stayed a Detective at times like this.  That old man came by.  He gave me a test and said my scores were off the charts.  He said I had a knack for electronics.  Said with a bit of training, I could be the best data collection spook out there.  Sounded more fun than chasing criminals around in the dark at the time.   Look at me now dad.  I'm freezing my kriffing balls off and haven't seen the target yet.

I think back to why we are even here.  About a year ago, I got this tip that a heavy hitter from Black Sun was coming into town to make a deal for some explosives.   My contact had been solid so far.  I made some calls.  Seems the main demo man was coming to town and this was our best chance to catch him.   His name is Lert Morgan.  They call him 'Switch'.  He has been making bombs for over fifteen years and still has all his fingers.   I approached the team leader, he told me to put together a team and hit him at the buy.

My first operation as lead.   I was all over the place with excitement.  I was going to take out Switch on my first real mission as team leader.  I knew I needed a good team to do this right.  I grabbed a pair of brothers as my entry team.  I grabbed Mitter and Lett as my hitters.  I would run OPs and monitor all communications, in-coming and out-going. 

We narrowed it down to a pair of buildings and went about setting up a surveillance kit.  Lett and I went in and using a maintenance crew as cover, wired both places.  We set up a watch point and hunkered down and waited. 

Thirty-six hours later, a pair of speeders arrived and a four man team went in and cleared the building next to the ones we had set up.  Kriff.  I sent out my entry team to see about getting a look.  As they were scouting, Switch and his team showed up.  We let them enter the building and then we made ready to take them down.

Thinking back on it, I should've called for back-up.  9 to 5 was not good odds and it would come back to haunt me later.  I stayed back as over watch, and the team readied to enter.   Using a hydraulic ram, my team entered the building.  Comms were live and I could hear the team taking fire.   They engaged the enemy and took two down.  Then Lett went down.  KIA.  Kriff, he had a baby on the way.  I had to focus.  I broke into a run and entered the building.  I ran right into Switch and his team trying to leave.  I had a shotgun and fired off a pair of rounds.  One took Switch in the leg and dropped him.  The other missed.  The slide jammed and I dropped it, reaching for my pistol.  One of the thugs got a shot off and it hit me in the chest.  My vest saved my life but it knocked me down.  They grabbed Switch and started to backup.  They ran into the rest of my team and were taken down.  We treated Switch, he would survive.  HQ would be glad.

We called for a medical team and then took Switch to jail and Lett's body to the morgue.   Switch escaped in less than two hours.  He killed three troopers and a civilian.   I was furious.   Lett was dead and now Switch was free.  That isn't the worst of it.  He had seen my face and he wanted revenge.   He got it.  He mailed a package to our safe house and it killed two more of my team when it went off.  Had I not been getting my ass chewed out, I would be dead.

Now was time for payback.  Switch had made a mistake and we were taking him down.  Well, as soon as he showed up.   Tonight was not to be my night.  The kit we had installed next door was going off and on.  Treylor said to take a look, but keep my eyes open.  A speeder had just passed by for the second time in 3 hours.   I responded and went on a look around.

I got to the door and went to swipe my card, when the building next to me lit up.  Lit up as in all the lights came on, inside, outside and on the roof.  Kriff, we were made.  I turned to retreat back to the safe house and it went up.  Treylor never had a chance. 

I grabbed my emergency transponder and activated it.  Drawing my pistol, I made my way to the building Switch was supposed to be in.   I got to the front door and kicked it in.  I moved in and was shot at from the right, I rolled came up and fired a few slugs toward the shooter.   I'm not sure if I killed him or not, but he let out a yelp and the shooting stopped.  I moved to the next room and found Switch.  He wasn't looking at me, so I shot him in the back.  I must have hit an explosive or something.  He started smoking and screaming.  He turned toward me and with eyes wide open, pulled his jacket open and I say he was in a suicide vest.  Kriff, I fired a shot to distract him and made a run for the door.  I got a few feet from it when his vest went off.  I was picked up and tossed out the door.  I landed hard on my shoulder and blacked out.

I woke up and an emergency worker was checking my vitals.  I told him I was fine.  I stood up and went to check the bodies.  None of them were Switch.  I found the bomb squad and asked if they had found the vest?  They had.  From the looks of it, it was tossed and then activated.   I then checked with Fire and Rescue and they said no other bodies where inside the building. 

I waited around until I could see for myself.  No Switch.

The old man came out to check on me.  He heard about Treylor and wanted me to know I was not at fault.

Then he asked to see Switch's body.

I told him he must have escaped.

He wanted me to explain.

I nodded,  rubbed my hands together.  I was feeling the cold again.

Where do I begin?   

Offline Jakcen

• Swoop
  • Forum Gorax
  • Transporting for less.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 06:31:10 AM »

Naboo.  Kriff I hate this place.  People are nice.  Food is good.  Anyway, Naboo and why I hate it.   

Lets see, a small time Black Sun thug sets off a bomb and kills 14 people.  Not a fun day.  What does this have to do with Naboo you might ask?  Even though CorSec is using one of its biggest man hunts to find him, he makes it off Corellia.  He gets caught on Naboo.  I know right.  So, to save face, some of the big wigs in Coronet send a couple of million credits and a two man team to pick him up.  Naboo takes the credits and hands the thug over.  Nobody is any wiser to it.  Right up until their ship is hit leaving Theed and it goes down in the forest.  This is where I come in.

I'm  on vacation, well into a story I made up.  I'm trying to score with this hot bartender and she is giving in quick when my comm-link vibrates.  Kriff.  I tell her I need to take it and it all goes down hill from there.  I'm recalled to Kor Vella and not happy about it.  Even less when I get there and am briefed on the mission.

Go to Theed and recover the bodies of the CorDip, Corellian Diplomatic, officers and then return to Corellia.   What?  You want me to go pick up a couple of bodies?  I'm a highly decorated Covert operative and you want me to pick up bodies?

They want it to stay quite.  Theed will release the bodies to me and that is that.  Nice, my first trip to Naboo and I'm a delivery boy.  Won't dad be proud?

I make it to Naboo, zero problems.  I get the bodies and take off.  I'm getting clearance to leave atmosphere, when I get an encrypted message.  "Locate the Sunner and bring him home."  Nice.  I get clearance and take off.  Easy.  No.  I then go dark, blocking all incoming and outgoing comms.  I shut off my transponder and go to ground.  I find a spot in the woods and set her down.  I change into my "hunting" clothes and exit the ship.  I rig the ship to blow, set it and take off toward the location of the crash.

Nine hours later, I make the sight.  RSF security are there.   I move in and set up a scrambler.  I use a 2 second burst transmission asking for my ROE, rules of engagement.  I don't want to kill any of these RSF guys, but duty comes first.

32 seconds later, I get my response.  "Echo, echo, kilo."  Great.  Evade, escape and kill as needed.  Sorry boys.  I disassemble my scrambler and move in for a better look.  Using the woods and the shadows as cover, I move up to the ship.  I can see a pair of guards. Odd.  That tattoo on one of the guards is of Corellian make.  It belongs to an old street gang.  Orion something.  Basically muscle for Black Sun.  Great.  I can't get a clear look at the other guard, so I move in closer.  You think this guy will show? one of the guards asks the other.   I sure hope so.  This is our best chance to take one alive.  We need to know how deep the mole is. 

I'm stunned.  One, they knew I was coming and two, we have a mole inside Black Sun?   When did this happen?  I shake my head and stand to move in.  As I'm stalking to them, I step on a twig and it snaps.  Kriff, I raise my pistol, a slug thrower with a suppressor, and fire a shot.  The nearest one goes down as he was turning toward the sound, a head shot.  The other one, smarter than me.  Shoots me with a stun bolt and it's lights out.

I wake up in a dark room.  My head is throbbing and my hands and feet are tied to a chair.  I let my eyes adjust to the dark, then I look around and try to figure a way out.  I'm not wearing any shoes or socks.  My gloves and vest are gone also.  I rock forward to see if the chair is mounted when the door opens with a flood of light.  Squinting, I see two men enter the room and then the door is shut again.   

A bright light in the center of the room comes on and I get a better look at the men.  A smile forms on my face when I see who they are.  It's Flort and Jitter.  Great.  They are two of the the best assassins in Black Sun.  Maybe the next operative will have better luck.   

Flort walks over to me and punches me in the mouth, my head snaps back and blood starts pouring out of my split lip.   Jitter laughs.  So what is your name?  I'm sure it's not Gort Thig.  He pulls a small knife from his belt and walks toward me.  Smiling he jabs me in the left thigh with it, I yell out in pain as he twists it and then yanks it out.  He steps back and then looks at me.  What is your name? 

I know I can only hold out for a few days at best.  Nobody holds out forever.  Nobody.  Flort reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small multi-tool, opening it, he uses the pliers part to grab my pinky toe nail.  I try to move my foot, but it is tied up, he yanks on it and it comes off.  I scream out again, spitting blood at him.  Jitter laughs out loud.  You are going to break lad.  Everyone does.  It's only a matter of time.  I'm trying to find that place they taught us about in training.  Kriff, I'm hurting so bad right now.  Jitter reaches out and grabs my left hand, he grabs my pinky and breaks it, then doing the same to my ring finger.  I scream and slam my head forward, trying to catch him off guard.  It hits him in the side and he stumbles into Flort.  Flort, still kneeling, falls on his ass.  They both start laughing and Jitter turns and kicks me in the chest as hard as he can.  My chair rocks back and falls over backward.  I get my first break at this time, the chair's right arm breaks and mine is free.  I now have an arm free, with the broken part tied to my hand. 

Jitter walks over, leans down and grabs my hair and yanks up on it.  I take this moment, to gather my strength and swing my weapon for his groin.  He is taken by surprise and takes it full on, nearly falling onto me.  I am able to grab his knife and I cut my other arm free when Flort notices the commotion.  He gets to his feet as I am getting to mine.   That is when I remember that mine are still tied to the chair.  He jumps back when he sees me stand, his hand goes to his belt, coming away with my suppressed pistol.  With no time to think, I leap toward him, he fires and we collide.  His shot takes me high in the left arm, hurting like hell, but not killing me.  My little blade, takes him in his gun hand, causing him to drop it. 

We both go down, and he grabs for the gun.  I lash out with the blade and drive it into his neck, not deep enough to kill him instantly, but he will die soon.  Leaving the blade in his neck, I reach for my pistol.  Grabbing it in my right hand, I turn, chair tied to my feet and look toward Jitter.  He has a hold-out blaster aimed at me and fires.  First shit hits me in the right side, making me miss my first shot.  His second one misses, mine hits him in the right foot.  He falls to his knees and fires again, hitting the chair and breaking it apart.  I take aim and fire, nothing, the slide is locked to the rear of my gun.  I roll to my right, screaming out with pain as I try to get to my feet.  He fires again.  Hitting me in the back, low on the left side.  His shot propels me across the room and near the door.  I land on my face and just lay there. 

I hear him stagger to his feet and make his way to me.  He grunts and kicks me in the side.  I bite my tongue, but don't scream out.  He kneels down next to me, going in to check my pulse.  At this moment, I roll over, making my hand as rigid as I can and jab it into his right eye.  He jumps back, screaming and dropping his blaster.  I pick it up and fire two bolts into his head.  I then turn to Flort and do the same.  I check my wounds.  I'm losing blood fast.  I need a doctor or I'm a dead man. 

I move around the room and find a pair of boots that are to big, but I can fit into.  I grab an old shirt that has been used to polish a few guns and put it on.  I limp over to the door and open it slowly.  I poke my head out and see that I am in some kind of camp.  How the kriff did they not hear us fighting?   The room is sound proof.  Kriff I need a drink.

Some how, I make it out of camp and find a small village.  The local doctor treats me.  I get a ride to my ship and place a call back to Corellia.   

The duty officer answers and wants to know how my hunting is going and why I haven't reported in in two days.

I rub my chin, making a note to shave and straighten up in my chair.

Where do I begin? 

Offline Jakcen

• Swoop
  • Forum Gorax
  • Transporting for less.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 12:23:51 AM »

I've given almost 30 years of service to my government and this is how they repay me.  I got an undercover security gig as my reward.  Great.  Not only that, but it is a womanizing, cheating hutt of a man that I am helping to protect.  It's a formal party.  I'm wearing a suit and tie, I have a small hold-out blaster inside my jacket as protection. 

Reason is not one I'm very happy about.  This person is of some importance, a very high man in the political game.  He has received a few hundred death threats from the Correlian Resistance.  Imperial Intelligence is lead on this operation.  Great.  So I'm the old man, close to retirement and I pull front door check-in.  What a kick in the junk this is.

I've lead some of the finest Covert Operatives into some of the most evil places this galaxy has to offer and I get door duty.  Troopers fresh out of the academy get door duty.  Not operatives like me.  Anyway, I say yes sir and take up my position.  Imperial Intelligence has given me a hand full of sketches of the possible assassin.  This is a campaign fund raiser party.  Great.  Just under a thousand of Correlia's richest are here.   I've investigated most of them for one thing or another. 

So, I'm running a handheld scanner, it is used to check for weapons.  So far, 872 scans, no weapons.  I've had 4 cups of caf.  I've had boiled bantha piss that tastes better.  If rich people drink this, I can now understand all the rude attitudes.  Kriff, I need to piss.  I got another 15 minutes before I get a 5 minute break.  Nine hells, I'm 50 kriffing years old.  I should at least get 10 for a break.

Hiding my anger with a very fake smile, not as fake as most of the tits in this place, but it pays the bills and keeps the Imperials off my back.  Speaking of Imperials, the very quite Mr. Colder has come to give me a break.

Guy gives me the creeps.  He is missing his left eye and has a scar running down his face.  I've seen that type of wound before.  Lightsaber did that to him.  I never have gotten used to the idea of an Empire and not a Republic.  Only time will tell how long she stays around.

Anyway, I make my way to restroom and wash my hands when finished.  I grab towel and start drying my hands when I hear the first explosion.  Flash-bang by the sound of it.  Nice choice in a crowd like this.  Kriff, I should have just retired and not taken this mission.  I draw my pistol and activate my emergency beacon and head out toward the sound of blaster fire. 

I dive back into the head as a battalion worth of blaster bolts come my way.  Nine Hells, what did they bring?  I move on my belly toward the door and poke my head out enough to get a look.  Not good, I can see at least a dozen bodies on the ground.  Kriff, I come to my knees, grunt when they pop in protest and then standing amid joints and tendons reminding me that I am not a young man any more and make my way out, weapon tracking for a target.

I get a handful of steps out and see a masked figure with its back to me.  Training kicks in and I double tap it in the back of the head.  I grab his weapon, it is an Imperial issue  E-11 carbine.  I've had some training on it and holster my pistol, before patting the body down for anything us of use.  I find a com-link and a key card, I pocket them and move in.  I step over the bodies, careful not to step in the blood and guts.  I don't need to leave a trail for some rear security to follow me.  I don't see Colder anywhere.  Poor lad is most likely dead.  Gave me the creeps, but I still don't want to see needless death. 

I run up a set of steps that take me to the ballroom.  Speech was taking place at the time of the attack.  Kriff, I've seen more than two dozen bodies.  None of them security.  Odd.  The Resistance has never been known for this many deaths.  Killing a crooked politician is one thing, but killing like this in not like them.  I'm not saying I approve of them.  I just can't see them doing it this way.  Black Sun would just bomb the building. 

I make it to the door and peer inside, not liking what I see.  Kriff, I've never seen this many bodies before.  Then it starts to make sense.  Up on the stage is the rest of the security team.  Most of them pointing weapons at the man we are supposed to be protecting.  Kriff, I've been set up and so has CorSec.  Have it look like a CorSec Covert Operative killed him.  Makes it easy to say CorSec and Corellia are behind the Resistance and then the Empire can move right in.  I am so kriffed.  I raise my carbine and fire at the group, hitting two, but not before they can kill my reason for being here.  I catch them by surprise and continue shooting as I move into cover.  I may be old, but they picked the wrong man to frame.  I can hear orders being given as I swap out power packs.  Then I hear a few screams and most of the fire dies down.  I come to an attack position and sweep the stage.  I can see two men kneeling and firing to my left.  I shoot at and hit both.  The firing stops.  I yell out for the shooter to drop his gun and come out with his hands up.  I yell behind me to kill him if he has a gun in his hand.  I'm by myself, but he doesn't know that.

I am very surprised when it is Colder that stands up.  He is bleeding from what looks like a blaster wound to his right side.  He is breathing hard and looks like he is going to fall on his face.  I jump up and make my way toward him.  He is in a bad way.  He staggers and  falls against a table.  I pick up my pace and let my guard down.  He sees me lower my weapon and raises his.  I take the first shot in the chest, second in the left arm and third in the right leg.  I drop the carbine and fall into a heap.  I'm dead.  I try to locate the carbine, having no luck when I hear a grunt and a sound of a power pack being ejected.  I look up and Colder is looking at me, a smile on his face.  You're not bad for a 50 year old has been.  If you'd of been an Imperial, the things you could've done for the galaxy.  He laughs as he slams home the fresh power pack. 

I look up and tell him to end it.  He looks down at me and then grunts, his smile turning to a frown as his eyes shift toward the stage.  One of the other security guards, one of the ones I shot, is holding a smoking pistol.  Colder grunts, shrugging off the pain and raises his weapon just as the guard shoots and kills him.  He falls to the ground and I look up at the stage, the guard is now laying on his stomach, eyes open in that look of death.

I try to get to my knees and .............................................................

I wake up in a hospital.  I've got a pair of hoses in me and I'm very weak.  I try looking around, but it hurts to much.  I see movement out of the corner of my eye.  It is my boss.  He wants to hear what in the kriff happened.  Says if the story checks out, I get to live.  If it doesn't, then I die a traitor.

I swallow, mouth is dry and ask for some water.

I take a sip from an offered straw. 

Licking my lips, I move my head just enough to look him in the eyes.

Where do I begin?   

Offline Jakcen

• Swoop
  • Forum Gorax
  • Transporting for less.
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 09:31:42 PM »

Retired.

The life for me.

Until Jest Hert comes calling again.

Jest Hert is a bitch.  A cold blooded killer that I couldn't kill.  She killed Hurth.  He was a member of my Covert Kill Squad that was tasked with hunting her down and killing her.  Over the years, 25 or so, we have been able to determine she was born on Corellia.  We figure her for about 45.  She is left handed and favors a blade.

I was on Dantooine, enjoying my time when I got the call.  Body was found in a hotel in Theed.  Hurth was still black, so I was asked to take a look into it.  Why not.  Hurth was a friend and I owed Jest.  I think back to my last encounter with her.  Mather didn't make it out of that one.  I was lucky.  A punctured lung, a fractured wrist and the loss of my left pinky was what I was left with.  Better than Mather, but I still wanted the bitch dead.

I packed my gear and headed out.  I took my ship and ported her in town.  Nabooians aren't big on weapons, so I left my blasters and took just a pair of knives.  I was retired, but my clearance was still good, so I got to look at what had Hurth here on Naboo.  Hunting rebels.  This kill might be personal.  Then again, we always suspected she was more than just a killer for hire.  She had left our agents alone up until this point.  She had killed a few over the years, but they were all part of the investigation.  She had yet to target any of them. 

I stopped and bought a coat in the colors the locals like to wear.  I grabbed a cup of caf.  It tasted like piss.  I did some surveillance on the hotel, I wanted to make sure it wasn't being watched.  I had a copy of the key.  RSF wasn't aware that I was boots on the ground, so I was on my own if I got caught. 

Security on the hotel was easy to beat.  I used a pen with a built-in disruptor to fry the security feeds and my lock pick set to gain entry to the room.  I put on a pair of latex gloves and did my best to sweep the crime scene without leaving a trail.  RSF was very thorough in the sweep.  I had almost given up and then I saw it.  The carpet, near the door had a slight bulge in it.  I made my way back to the door and pulled a small scanner from my belt.  I scanned it for explosives first and it came up nothing.  I switched to thermal and got zero heat.  I pocketed the scanner and used my folding knife to cut the carpet away.  There was a small data stick there.  I picked it up and put it in my pocket.  I took one last look around and left the room.

I made it back to my hotel, seeing no signs of entry, I went in.  I broke out my modified datapad and inserted the data stick.  I did a security sweep and the stick was clean.  It took me about ten minutes to crack it and then it became a little clearer as to why Hurth was killed.  Kriff, this is not good.  Was he going to turn this over to CorSec?  Was he selling it to the Alliance?  Who hired Jest for the job?  I have to look into this.  I need to figure if my friend was a traitor before he died.

Where do I begin?       

Offline Jakcen

• Swoop
  • Forum Gorax
  • Transporting for less.
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 07:22:08 AM »

I figured I'd head over to the morgue and make sure the body was in fact Hurth.  It wouldn't be the first time a Black Operative had left one of his cover ID's around.  I figured it was Jest that had done the killing.  Lots of blood and the outline of the body matched her calling card. 

It was easy to get a look at the body.  50 credits and I was in.  I followed the night clerk back and stood to the side, scanning the room as he retrieved the body.  He wheeled in a cart and nodded at it.  I waited till he walked out of the room before I unzipped it to take a look.  It was Hurth.  I reached in and grabbed his left hand.  Jest had killed him.  First knuckle on the left pinky was missing.  It was her calling card.  He was all beat to hell and back.  His nose was busted and it looked as if his right arm had been broken.  I opened his mouth and was glad to see all of his teeth were still there.  I zipped the bag back and went out to tell the clerk I was good. 

I left the morgue and walked around for about 45 minutes.  I wanted to give Jest a chance to search my room.  I know, I should've made it back and tried to spook her into making a mistake and then taking her out.  But seeing Hurth had sucked the air out of me tonight.  I made my way around town and found a quite little bar out on the docks.  I paid the cover charge and went in.  I ordered an ale and took a seat in the back.

The ale wasn't bad and I started to think back to my last encounter with Jest.  She had killed an older couple who were suspected of being rebels.   We had been on Jest's trail for over a year and we felt like we were getting close.  Mather and I were following a lead and walked into the building as she walked out.  She got spooked at the sight of us or we wouldn't have even seen her.  She had a long coat with a hood on and could've just kept on walking.  Instead she shot me and stabbed Mather.  She was using a suppressed pistol in her right hand and I took the round square to the chest.  Had I not been wearing my vest, I would've died that day.  Mather had his vest on, but her blade dug into it as though he wasn't even wearing a shirt.  He started to scream, but died before he even got the words out.  I'd fallen against the door and was having a hard time breathing.  I tried to get to my feet and draw my weapon, but she hit me in the face with her pistol and knocked me out.

I woke up in a room.  I was sitting in a chair, my hands were strapped to the table in front of me, palms down.  I shook my head to try and clear any grogginess.  This wasn't the first time I had been taken.  But lets be honest, no amount of training can prepare you for this.  I figure I was at that table for just over an hour when the door opened and she walked in.  I was hoping to get a look at her, but she had a mask on.  I could see her eyes, they were grey with a slight slant to them.  I tried sizing her up, but setting down I could only guess at her height.   She had a long sleeve shirt on, it was tight to her chest.  I'd say a B-cup, maybe 34's.  She had a good muscle tone to her.  She had her blade sheathed on her left hip and another, smaller one on her right wrist.

I found myself staring into her eyes, when out of the nowhere, she drew the smaller blade from her wrist and drove it into the top of my left hand.  It broke the trance she had me in and I yelled out in pain.  I looked at the top of my hand, she had driven the blade into the table.  I swallowed and looked up at her.  She reached into her pocket and pulled out a pair of cutters.  She reached out and grabbed my left hand, clamping the cutters on my first knuckle of my pinky.  Without even asking me a question, she cut off the tip of my finger.  I scream in pain and at this point I passed out.

I woke up later, not really sure how long I was out.  She had removed her blade and had stopped the bleeding.  She must of had a video feed rigged, cause she came in just after I woke up.  She had a stick and walked over to my right side and brought the stick down on my right wrist, I screamed at the pain and was sure it was broken.  She laughed and then took the stick and hit me several times in the ribs.  At some point I passed out again.

When I woke up, I was on the floor.  My hands were cuffed together and I was on my side.  I was having a hard time breathing and when I coughed, I spit up some blood.  Great.  She had nearly kriffing killed me and had yet to ask me a question.  The door opened and she walked in.  This time, her hands were empty.  She calmly walked over to me and bent over, yanking me to my feet as though I was but a toy.  She was about my height.  She pulled a syringe out of her pocket and readied it, she jabbed me in the neck and then let me fall.  She reached over and undid my bindings.  She looked at me and said I would wake up in a day or so.  She told me to tell my boss to quit looking for her.  She was doing her job.  She then turned and walked out the door.

I just lay there.  I couldn't move.  What the hell kind of choice is that?  I can't do that.  She has killed one of my men.  I will catch her or die trying.

Now all I need is to get out of here.  I look around the room, moving my eyes.......

I snap out of it and look down at the glass of ale.  I have to find Jest and stop her but I also have to do this the right way.  I down the rest of my ale and stand, glancing around the bar, I head out on my hunt. 

Where do I begin? 

Offline Jakcen

• Swoop
  • Forum Gorax
  • Transporting for less.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 05:36:45 AM »

Jest will have to wait.
Eli called and needs my help.  A friend of hers got into a pile of bantha poop with the Imperials and needs an extraction.  Eli has put together a team, but needs a lift.  She is lucky I was on the station when she called. 

After I went to Dantooine and warned Ren and Eli about Jest, I jumped to Kashyyyk and let the hyperdrive cool down before I jumped to Ord Mantell to refuel.  I was headed to Rori to look at a body of one of CorSec's agents.  Wanted to make sure it was just a random killing and not Jest.

I bought a fighter and was using it.  Jest knew my ship to well, so I wanted a fresh start.  Anyway.  Eli got the ship to Ord Mantell with Thumper's help.  We boarded her and I took her out.  John was there, so was a couple of others.  Laylaa and Bel.  Ren was also with them.  Ren hates space travel. 

So Tantos got locked up on Dath and we went in to rescue him.  Short of it, we got the job done.  Couple of minor injuries, but we all got to go home.  I got a good nights rest and now I have Jest to find.

Rori turned out to be a bust.  Random death.  Trail has gone cold.  I need to go back and see if I missed something.

Where do I begin?

Offline Jakcen

• Swoop
  • Forum Gorax
  • Transporting for less.
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 04:32:39 PM »

The trail had gone cold because Jest wanted it to.  I should've seen this and been better prepared for it.  I wasn't and it almost cost me my life. 

The Runner had been hit getting Tantos out.  She had a dual core hyperdrive and the port side was malfunctioning and I had to block it during the escape.  Not that big of deal, I lost a little time, but she was still fast.  I needed to clear my head, so I put her down in a little out of the way joint on Lok.  The port was friendly to CorSec and this should've made me avoid it.  I wasn't thinking clearly and I got caught with my pants down.

I hired a local kid to help me with the hydraulics.  I'm an electrical guy.  I can work hydraulics when I need to, but I wanted this done right the first time.  We drained the coolant and were dropping the hyperdrive when she hit us.  Thumper was on the ship, running diagnostics on the shields, they had been flickering some after the pounding she took on the rescue.  I let my guard down and the kid payed for it.  I have at least learned and always carry a blaster, so once the shooting started, I was able to return fire.

I was up in the housing of the hyperdrive.  I was disconnecting the leads when the kid grunted and fell into the tool cart.  This saved my life.  I knew I was in trouble and dropped to the ground immediately.  I drew my sidearm and took cover behind the cart, scanning the area for the attackers.  I grabbed my comm-link from my belt and started to call Eli, but had it shot from my hand before the signal could get out.  I rolled to the left and fired in the direction the shot had come from. 

They were using a suppressed weapon and mine wasn't.  I was hoping to attract Thumper and he might get a call off.  No such luck.  I started taking fire from the rear and for just a moment, thought I was in luck.  Jest always works alone.  I dove to the right and raised my weapon when the shot took me high in the back, left side.  It knocked my shot wide and I screamed in pain.  It was a blaster bolt and the fire retardant coveralls I was wearing helped dampen the affect.  It still hurt to all Nine Hells and back. 

I needed some luck or I was as good as dead.  The second shooter, stood up and I was able to get a shot off and hit him in the chest.  He went down with a surprised look on his face.  I then turned toward the first shooter and that is when I got a look at Jest, face to face.  Well, in this case it was face to boot.  She socked me pretty good and it staggered me.  I stumbled a step or two backward and tried to ready myself.  She struck before I was ready and I took it.  With lightning fast moves, she drove her blade up into the the bottom of my right bicep.  Kriff me that almost ended my day right there.  My useless fingers dropped my pistol as I locked eyes with her.  She had a look of death in them.  One of us was leaving here in a bag.

She faltered for just a second and I was able to drive my forehead into her face.  I was happy to hear the crunch of her nose and feel the flow of her blood on my face.  She grunted, taking a step back and released her grip on the blade in my arm.  I pressed the attack and kicked at her right knee.  She must have seen it coming as she moved to her left and delivered a jab to my right side.  She was wearing spiked knuckles and they tore into my side.  I pressed the attack and used my faltering right arm to swing at her head.  She stepped into my attack and drove her right fist into my chest.  I was knocked back a few steps and used the space to rip the blade from my arm.  I almost passed out from the pain.  With a dazed look and bloodied blade in my left hand, we both charged.  I took a step and she launched herself into the air and lead with her foot.  She connected with my chest and I heard a few ribs brake.  I fell to the ground, but was able to jab her blade into her right thigh as I fell. 

She screamed and fell to the ground next to me.  She reached for her blade as I painfully rolled toward her.  She got her blade out as I rolled on top of her and started driving my elbow into her chest.  She got her blade up and sliced me across the back.  I was able to keep going and she shifted her grip on the blade and drove it toward my neck.  By shear luck, I got my left forearm in the way and took the blade there, instead of dieing on it.  It was stuck in the bone and she couldn't get it out, not that she didn't try. 

All I could think of was killing her.  So I did.  I lost control and started driving my head into her face over and over again.  I'm not sure how many times I did it.  Had it not been for Thumper shocking my right leg, kriff, I still might be there doing it. 

When I snapped out of it, I was on top of her.  Her face was caved in and my head was covered in her blood.  I tried to get to my feet and couldn't stand.  Thumper grabbed my boot and pulled me off of her.  I had a blade lodged in my left forearm, a smaller blade jabbed into my left bicep.  I had a least 4 cracked or broken ribs, a gunshot wound to the back and a hole in my right arm where she had stabbed me.

I had Thumper call CorSec and passed out.  When I came to, I was in an old safe house on Tatooine.  I had had surgery and been placed in a bacta tank overnight.  My body hurt, but I was lucky to be alive.

My old boss was in the room.  He came over and we shook hands.  He told me to take some time off.  He would like me to come back to work.  There was a new threat and he felt I was the man to lead the unit that was being put together to deal with it.

I told him thanks, but I had a family to look after now.  He wanted me to explain.

I smiled, looked him right in the eyes and told him it was "Classified".  He looked at me and nodded.  He left a folder on the table as he turned to leave, stopping at the door.  With his back to me, he told me I was born for this kind of work.  I'd never be happy with an ordinary job.  He would leave me alone.  He said I'd come back.  Then he walked out and left me alone with the file.

I staggered to my feet and walked over, picking up the fill I opened it.  There was a picture of my dad on it.  A cold chill took over me and went straight to my heart.  I read the file and then reread it.  My father had been killed by Imperial Intelligence.  His heart attack wasn't natural.  Son of Hutt. 

This wouldn't go unpunished.  I grabbed my boots and jacket, with folder in one hand and a bag of meds in the other, I made my way out of the safe house and into the bright sun.  I got my bearing and headed for the space port.  I had work to do.

I had plans to make and people to kill. 

Just one thing to figure out.

Where do I begin?           

Offline Jakcen

• Swoop
  • Forum Gorax
  • Transporting for less.
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 01:55:51 AM »

I know I need more rest, but with my father's killer still out there, I can't sleep.  I took a few days off, to be honest, I was stuck in bed for most of those days. 

CorSec had the Runner fixed, so Thumper was able to get us in the air and on our way.  Once we were in the black, I had Thumper check the ship for tracking devices and he found 4 of them.  We removed them and spaced each at a different jump point.  I made a detour to Talus and had an old friend wipe the ship's memory and reset it to stock.  I didn't need CorSec or the Imperials showing up during my investigation.

While I was away, the sell was finalized on the old restaurant I bought.  I hired a crew to get it livable and started having my break out gear readied for an emergency.  She would be stocked in a few days and ready if I ever needed her.

I removed my clothes, all except for my boxers and with the file and a mug of caf, I set down to draw up a plan.  I wasn't healed yet and I had way to many reminders of the dangers of a fully fit operative going on a mission like I was about to undertake. My left arm was a mess.  I was missing part of my pinky, I had a 3 inch long scar on the top and bottom of my hand.  I had a 4 inch long scar on my forearm.  I had 4 scars on my chest from blaster wounds.  I had a 6 inch scar across my back and a pair of scars from blaster bolts.  My right bicep had a scar from a blade and 2 from blaster shots.  My legs had so many, it hurt my head to try and count them all.

I shook it out of my head, I picked up the mug of caf and with a bitter taste, from both the caf and the feeling of now knowing my father was murdered, in my mouth, I opened the file and started making notes.

Coroner:  Dr. J. R. Lopper,
Investigating Officer: LT. K. H. Gruy,
Witness: P. Y. Zert.

These were the names on the CorSec file.  The Imperial one had less.  All I had was a case file, a copy of the kill order and the assassin's Imperial Code Name. 

Black Night.

I shivered, almost dropping the mug.  This was the tag of a former ISB agent.  I had had a few encounters with him in the past.  He was a former agent, because I had caught him with his hand in someone's jar.  He tried to have me killed and I was able to get the upper hand and turn him and the evidence over to Imperial Intelligence.  We heard he was executed for treason.  His time will come.

I had the date and time of the order, so with some old fashion detective work and lots of luck, I might be able to find out who was the duty officer the night the hit was ordered.

I had two choices to start with:

CorSec or the Imperials.

Where do I begin?   

Offline Jakcen

• Swoop
  • Forum Gorax
  • Transporting for less.
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 07:34:50 PM »

I made a few calls back to Corellia and set up a meeting with a former agent who was still working.  I had worked with her a few times and she was willing to meet off the record.  I had an old safe house near Kor Vella, I gave her the location and said to meet me there in a week.  She agreed and we ended the call.  I grabbed my bag and took my ship to Talus.  Once there, I parked her and took a shuttle to Corellia. 

The flight was good, well, the pilot flew like a rookie and I had a seat next to a Bothan that needed a bath.  I survived in the end, landed and rented a speeder, making my way to the safe house.  I was four days early, I wanted to look over the files again and ready myself mentally.

It was cold outside, so I made a pot of caf and broke out my security bag and did a weapons check.  I had a hold-out blaster with an ankle holster.  I checked the charge and set it to the side.  I pulled out my knife, checked the blade, still sharp.  I set it to the side and pulled out my modified L7 slug pistol and looked over the suppressor.  I carried her in a shoulder holster under my left arm.  Setting her down, I pulled out my favorite pistol, she was also an L7.  She had a laser sight and a tactical flashlight.  I buckled her on, she felt like she was part of my thigh.  I put my shoulder rig on and hooked it to my belt.  I strapped my blade on my left wrist and then hooked my hold-out blaster on my right boot.  I grabbed my heavy coat and put it on.  I looked at the carbine and rifle laying on the table.  Not tonight.  Tonight was just going to be a recon into town and a look at the doc's office for clues. 

I pulled out a pair of black gloves, putting them on, I turned toward the mirror.  I was a beat up old man.  Boots were black, pants grey, coat was grey and black.  I was ready for the night, ready to finish this.  I grabbed the mug of caf and finished it.  As I was setting the mug on the table, the lights went out and the emergency generator didn't kick on.  I grabbed the rifle from the table and moved to the secret exit.  I was going out the door when the flash bang went off inside the building, followed by a gas grenade. 

They wanted me alive or the building would've went up.  I brought the rifle to a firing position and flicked the scope to thermal.  I saw at least 6 figures to the rear of the house as I moved slowly off to a better vantage point.  I got about a hundred meters from the building and took up a prone position to scan the area.  Thermal let me know 8 were in the house.  I pulled a detonator from my jacket and blew the house.  They weren't expecting this, so over the next 10-15 minutes, I took out the remaining 6 outside. 

I knew three of them.  All former or current CorSec agents.  Come to take me.  So Black Night was all a set up.  CorSec wanted the information I had.   Betrayal hurts, I shook my head and stood up.  As I reached for my comm-link, I was struck in the chest by a slug.  I was knocked onto my back and dropped my rifle.  Kriff, I was stupid.  ISB had used CorSec to flush me out and now they were coming for me.  Anyway, there knew where I was, so stealth wasn't important right now.  I drew my pistol with my right hand and used my left to keep pressure on my chest wound.  My jacket had some armor weaved into it, but that slug cut through it like a hot vibroblade through warm bantha butter.  This wasn't good at all.

I wasn't over my last bit of injuries and this one was bad.  I was getting weak quick.  I looked to my left and saw a couple of trees, I had to make it there if I was to have a chance.  I fired a few shots in multiple directions and staggered to my feet.  I ran with everything I had, head down and old legs pumping as hard as they could.  The second shot took me in the right knee.  It was him, master sniper and all.  My leg was knocked out from under me and I fell, curling into a ball and rolling a few feet before coming to a stop on my back. 

It was dark outside, but my future was darker.  I couldn't run, couldn't even focus any more.  I reached under my jacket and pulled out my suppressed L7, I tried to calm my breathing and look around.  I heard a sound to my right and fired off a few rounds.  It went quite.  I tried to sit up, but the pain was to much.  I rolled over onto my stomach and tried to crawl to the group of trees.  I made it a few feet when the grenade landed in front of me.  I clinched my teeth and waited to die, thinking of my father. 

The grenade never went off, but my adversary made the most of it.  He moved into my position and I knew then, that he hadn't wanted it to go off.  He shot me in the right elbow and then in the small of the back.  I couldn't fell my legs anymore.  I was slipping fast.  I felt a hand on my shoulder, as he rolled me over.  He leaned down and looked into my face. 

"Ten years in prison.  I just got out.  Revenge is good mate." he said as he laughed in my face.  I smiled back at him and thrust up with my wrist mounted blade with my left arm.  Digging it into his head, all the way to the hilt.  He collapsed and fell on me.  He eyes were open with shock. 

I couldn't even move his body off me.  I laughed.  I'm going to die out here and this kriffer is going to be found on me.  I tried to move, but only my left arm was working, but it was stuck to his head.  I couldn't release the blade. 

My dad's killer was dead and so were a handful of corrupt agents.  Not they way I had planned, but good enough for me. 

It has always been about Corellia with me.  I never married.  I was a good man.  I only ever killed those needing it.  The pain was getting to be to much.  The spots were getting bigger.  I was having a hard time breathing. 

Out of no where, I saw a light off to my left.  I turned my head and a young woman moved toward me.  She was dress in white.  She walked over to me and knelt.  She reached out and touched my face.  The pain went away. 

"I am Mother Corellia.  You have served me well.  It is time to come home, my son."  I smiled at her, they pain gone. 

"Tell me about your friends from Dantooine, my son."

I smiled, closing my eyes as I visualized my friends, Eli, Ren, Doc and Chief. 

I coughed, before speaking.  "Where do I begin?"